• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SNEAK PEEK At October 2012 Releases UPDATE

I found this pic of fernando alonso with the matte black/dark bronze garage rocks. now we can see what they look like on a face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find twitch.

Hmmm, bigger than I expected, they look more Holbrook sized than Frogskins sized. I like them, not sure how well they will suit me though as Holbrooks are just too big for me (at least I think they are).

Alonso is such a good ambassador for Oakley, they should give him his own signature models already!

Nice find twitch.

Hmmm, bigger than I expected, they look more Holbrook sized than Frogskins sized. I like them, not sure how well they will suit me though as Holbrooks are just too big for me (at least I think they are).

Alonso is such a good ambassador for Oakley, they should give him his own signature models already!

i agree with you on the Alonso sig. series. i think oakley would sell more than the hayden & rossi series but who knows.

Look alright but I'm shocked a guy that races a Ferrari for a living is driving a Fiat! Give the guy a Ferrari or Maserati hell even an Alfa for christ sake.

Sorry about that folk. I'm still on the fence for these frames may need to wait till next year to see them in the flesh and try them on. Can't wait to see more pics of these new frames!

i found this pic of fernando alonso with the matte black/dark bronze garage rocks. now we can see what they look like on a face.

Urgh. Honestly, the GR could pretty much pass for a women's style with lenses like that :S The lenses too big and a nose bridge too small, looks like a lot of the bug-eyed frames for the women. I don't mind the stems though, I think it's a decent combination, if not a bit monotonous compared to so many other recent releases.

They really need to slow down with the vintage 70's wayfarer/frogskin style releases

...and as for the Big Taco, just no. Looks and sounds like crap

And people said Lux wouldn't affect anything...next the Tom Cruise/Shaun White double signature Wayfarer Oakley Lux frame...garage rock? I dont see how the name fits...

I found this pic of fernando alonso with the matte black/dark bronze garage rocks. now we can see what they look like on a face.

Here's a pic of Alonso with the Holbrooks for some size perspective:

fernando_alonso_holbrook_blancas.jpg

I think these belong in the Oliver Peoples line instead of the Oakley line.

Look alright but I'm shocked a guy that races a Ferrari for a living is driving a Fiat! Give the guy a Ferrari or Maserati hell even an Alfa for christ sake.

Sorry about that folk. I'm still on the fence for these frames may need to wait till next year to see them in the flesh and try them on. Can't wait to see more pics of these new frames!

Fiat is the parent company of Ferrari, so you'll quite often see publicity shots such as this.
I remember Michael Schumacher being pictured in a Fiat 500 during his Ferrari days for example.

To be fair to Fernando, however, he does look particularly unimpressed in that pic.
Whether that is with the car or the comical eyewear, only he will ever know.
:smile:

Back