• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So remember those green Garage Rocks I got?

Claustin

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ND
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this. If this area is more for the hardcore custom jobs, feel free to move it to the right section.

ANYHOO...

So I got these green Garage Rocks a couple weeks ago in an oakleyvault.com splurge...
IMG_0260.jpg

In the new purchase thread it was suggested I put some gold lenses in them for a nice St Patrick's day pair. I thought that was a great idea, but the OCD in me couldn't live with the black/gunmetal sides/icons and gold lenses, so I took to oakley.com to customize a donor pair. Luckily the site had gold side pieces and green icons, as well as 24k iridium lenses. The side pieces all came off really easily. I just ran them under really hot water and pried them off with an X-acto knife. I wish I had left the sticky backings on them though as added cushion when I glued them back on. I didn't take a before shot of the customs unfortunately, but here's the results.
IMG_0358.jpg

and custom etching because why not?
IMG_0360.jpg

And donors post-swap
IMG_0361.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed this little foray into quick and easy customization. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this. If this area is more for the hardcore custom jobs, feel free to move it to the right section.

ANYHOO...

So I got these green Garage Rocks a couple weeks ago in an oakleyvault.com splurge...
View attachment 135645

In the new purchase thread, it was suggested I put some gold lenses in them for a nice St Patrick's day pair. I thought that was a great idea, but the OCD in me couldn't live with the black/gunmetal sides/icons and gold lenses, so I took to oakley.com to customize a donor pair. Luckily the site had gold side pieces and green icons, as well as 24k iridium lenses. The side pieces all came off really easily. I just ran them under really hot water and pried them off with an X-acto knife. I wish I had left the sticky backings on them though as added cushion when I glued them back on. I didn't take a before shot of the customs unfortunately, but here's the results.
View attachment 135649

View attachment 135650

And donors post-swap
View attachment 135651

I hope you've enjoyed this little foray into quick and easy customization. Have a great day!

cooool bro!!! where did you get the lenses etched?

ANYHOO...

View attachment 135645

In the new purchase thread it was suggested I put some gold lenses in them for a nice St Patrick's day pair. I thought that was a great idea, but the OCD in me couldn't live with the black/gunmetal sides/icons and gold lenses, so I took to oakley.com to customize a donor pair. Luckily the site had gold side pieces and green icons, as well as 24k iridium lenses. The side pieces all came off really easily. I just ran them under really hot water and pried them off with an X-acto knife. I wish I had left the sticky backings on them though as added cushion when I glued them back on. I didn't take a before shot of the customs unfortunately, but here's the results.
View attachment 135649

View attachment 135650

And donors post-swap
View attachment 135651

Bro I love it!

I been wanting to do he exact same thing with the side icons... But I am unable to find em... :(

Nice etching! nice frame!

Latest Posts

Back