• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So What's The Deal With Chrome Frames?

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
There's a White Chrome Ten frame auction on eBay that I've got my eye on but I've heard that anything chrome related tends to peel. Should I skip it?

the straight jacket II, with the white chrome frame, have the problem. they start peeling if you wear them hard enough. . .
i don´t have the problem with my, but i have so many glasses in rotation, that i don´t wear them so often.

the BMX radar & jawbone have the same problems.

almost all of those FMJ - chrome frames are peeling after hard use......

the straight jacket II, with the white chrome frame, have the problem. they start peeling if you wear them hard enough. . .
i don´t have the problem with my, but i have so many glasses in rotation, that i don´t wear them so often.

the BMX radar & jawbone have the same problems.

almost all of those FMJ - chrome frames are peeling after hard use......

heard that this is my the FMJ Chrome Fast Jacket never saw the light of day. and that the FMJ Holbrooks are delayed. rumours. =)

What is it exactly that causes the peeling? Is it just prolonged use and nothing else? Humidity? Dryness? I live in the DC Metro area which means hot humid summers and dry cold winters.

I saw a Black Chrome Splice years ago that literally peeled in the display case without being touched...every time i went by it was a little worse...maybe the lights...no idea....I pointed it out but they left out for sale at full price...

It could also be the repeated exposure to sweat and oil from our skin. Funny thing is my 24 k xmetal xx gold paint is rubbing off where it touches my skin

I talked to one of the guys are the O Store today and he said that the FMJs aren't supposed to peel since they applied an extra coating or something like that. Any truth to this?

Back