• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SpliceD’s Semi Retirement Collection

This is a really awesome collection! Goldilocks would feel right at home. Not too big. Not too small. If this is your semi retired collection, I would love to have seen what it looked like before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bad ass updated collection ... glad that Drew’s Juliets made it to a good home ...

Thanks! It really is a nicely put together frame: Gold frame with 24k lenses and rootbeer rubber. Only issue i had with it was that the gold was really dull as it looked to have been anodized on top of the original plasma finish. Zach stripped it, polished, and re-anodized. Now it shines like it should. I just need to take some pics outside when the sun comes out. It's not a blatantly gold like the 24K Juliets, but it's a happy medium between subtle and flashy to wear out on a nice day.

This is a really awesome collection! Goldilocks would feel right at home. Not too big. Not too small. If this is your semi retired collection, I would love to have seen what it looked like before.

My case wasn't big enough. I never was able to display everything i had. That's also why i decided to sell off most of my highly collectible pieces like my IH, 24K, and JBR Juliets, Tron Pit Boss, and stuff i just didn't/wouldn't wear. Some were stored away and never even displayed. At least now, i have a few collectible pieces and will wear most of what I have.

"Semi Retired" Ha. Very nice! The Kenseth Clone looks good. Any closeup pics?

Well, if another good deal on a Splice i can customize comes up, i may not hold back ;) No close ups. I just snapped a few quick ones for this collection post. I'll get some tonight if i can get some good lighting. Zach did an amazing job on the polished black. It looks and feels factory smooth. Of course it's based off the pics you took so i doubt it's exactly the same, but i think it's close enough with what we were able to work with without having an actual Kenseth in hand.

Last edited:
A few snaps of the XMXX in natural light to try to get the color of the Socom Blue. Looks like a matte black finish, but has a faint hint of blue. Pairs well with DWP.

5B1FFFB3-A10B-4812-8614-5D26437ADECE.jpeg
4B800C1A-2998-4CF5-8787-6FC386397DD8.jpeg
E2BEB41D-9981-4427-9102-F5B6A780831B.jpeg

Back