• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spring Friends and Family?

I hope they do a friends and family again. I've always ordered something when I get one. I didn't get one last fall and I was pretty bummed, I thought maybe they had done away with them and when I was searching online I found this forum and found out they did send them, but not everyone got one.

Anybody else hear rumors of a Friends & Family sale at Oakley Stores over Memorial Day weekend?

Anybody else hear rumors of a Friends & Family sale at Oakley Stores over Memorial Day weekend?

Not really. What I have consistently heard is that F&F wasn't gonna happen again . Primarily due to a change in philosophy from folks at the top of Lux.

In light of what I said before about other businesses already winning my money, that predictably happened going into this. It's self-exclusive/specific to my situations, but huge factor is there was no real foresight. We're less than a week out. End of the month, holiday weekend, and I guess Lux didn't think anyone could've had advance plans of sorts? Other retailers have Memorial Day sales but we tend to hear of/anticipate them much sooner than later vs. this guessing game with Lux.

Not trying to sound bitter, and I'm not 100% sure I would've bought anything regardless, but I'm questioning it from as business standpoint.

But then again, who knows? Maybe the analytics team at Lux figured that foresight on a sale would hurt the preceding days so much more than the discounted day's worth of increased traffic could help.

Is this in store only? If so that is pretty worthless to me. I travel on Holiday weekends with family and beyond that, the closest Oakley store is a few hours away.

Back