• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sutro S with either Prizm Jade or Prizm 24K lenses - can anyone shed any light on which might be best please?

DanB

Oakley Beginner
Hello Oakley people,

first post on here, as I am a tad confused.

I'm a die in the wool Oakley fan, have many sports and casual glasses, off the top of my head:
Bottlecap
Half jackets
Monster Pup
Radar lock
Radar ev
Split jackets

There are others, but their names escape me currently!

As you may have guessed, I have a slightly smaller bonce than some, hence when the Sutro came out I wrote it off, but now there is the Sutro S, and at least in the UK, Oakley have 20% off their custom glasses - I have a couple of pairs of custom ones and am very happy with them.

My favourite lens has been the photochromic, though for some casual prescription driving glasses I did opt for 24K iridium which were excellent.

My main use for these Sutro S glasses though, is for cycling, road more than off road.

There are only 4 lens options offered, and only 2 I would really consider.
They are Prizm Jade and Prizm 24K - I can't tell if these are polarized or not?

Ideally I wanted the retina burn colour, but imho this looks pretty crap with the 24K gold lens, so may have to go for black lens surrounds, and retina burn arms.

What I am searching and failing to find anywhere, is what exactly the two different lenses are meant to excel in, I can see both have low levels of light transmission - does anyone have any opinions on how the two compare?

Full retina burn with Jade:
1614334200311.png

Full retina burn with 24K:
1614334382393.png

Black & Retina burn with 24k:
1614334454947.png

Frustratingly, when I did mocked these up two days ago, there was a yellow icon availble, but it has now vanished from the options............

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

kmbijit

Oakley Collector
The Retina Burn arms with 24k and black orbitals is dope!
Jade is a neutral lens with a slightly rosy hue. 24k is a full-on contrast lens with amber overtones. Which one is better, is entirely subjective, but there quite a few threads on this forum showing the tint.

Prizm 24k: Prizm Rose Gold Polarized

Jade:

DanB

Oakley Beginner
Thanks for the reply :)

Randomly the custom website options seem to change on a daily basis, and today was the first day that the frame was available in retina burn, and also 24k had dissapeared as an option!

Oh and critically to add, I received both the pairs I ordered to test, and I was amazed that the Sutro S was not right for me, in that my eyelashes were in contact with the lens - the Sutro on the other hand were fine, and marginally narrower than the Scott Shield glasses I love.

So this is what I plumped for in the end:

1614773199919.png

1614773230410.png

1614773268573.png

Hoping the matte arms will get around the slipping issue (if there is one) but if not, I may shoehorn some earsocks from another model onto them.

New Threads