• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TESLA model 3

Do your research batteries has gone far from what they are. They are not ordinary betteries like duracell and such even those has longer life span now than they were used to. Batteries are easily replaced than an engine or transmission and a lot cheaper. Fossil fuel kills the planet in general. If only atleast 10% would use friendly source of energy like solar or electric cars with no emissions it would help. Petrol is a killer and its been proven. It kills economy and it kills they way ones live. Its like black mailing. If oil goes up your oakleys goes up. Imagine if atleast daily drivers would not to rely on petrol geeeeez im sure everything pricing wise will go down.
I have done my research, have you? I am well aware that electric cars don't run on duracell, but much like duracells, the li-ion batteries in an electric car have a finite life cycle, albeit a bit better than household batteries. 50k miles has been found to be the rule of thumb with electric cars, and like I said before but you seemed to miss, those 50,000 miles were powered by coal fire plants in 70%. Car manufacturers prey on your inability to think beyond your electrical socket. "It must be cleaner, it doesnt clog the air with carbon" when in reality, electricity comes from fossil fuels the majority of the time. After your 50k miles are up, the old batteries are disposed of (and they still havent found a way to do this in away that is environmentally safe, think along the lines of spent nuclear fuel), and you have to spend a small fortune on new ones (and you thought a bad transmission was expensive). These are the reasons why most respected environmentalists have dropped the idea of electric cars and moved on to making hydrogen powered vehicles more viable as far as cost, as this seems to be the REAL way of the future. The only ones still pushing electric cars are the auto manufacturers, because they are the gift that keeps on giving them their customer's cash.

Hahahah as if he can afford the cheapest ferrari lol. Thats true u can keep your fun car and use the electirc on a daily basis nothing wrong with that, but really dont be dumb practicality is whats important here if money aint an issue well go for a v8 and drive it all around daily, but who is doing that? Maybe a few. The lesson here you have an option now to go full electric and its obvious middle class who can afford it will definately get one because its cheaper and more practical. The car aint no scrub either its awesome and good looking inside out so its really a win win. It may not be for everybody, but i believe it is for the majority.
Trust me, you have no idea about what I can or cannot afford. You would be very surprised.

Not sure if the new model will have the same warranty options but the S I got a chance to use for awhile had an 8 year unlimited mileage on the drive and batteries. Also just FYI Tesla recycles the batteries, they are up to about 70% reuse. Its a fun to drive car, super fast on accel. Takes awhile to get used to the braking. I have thought about getting one, will have to get some electrical work done to accommodate the charging station, and possibly solar install. With gas on the low side now its not the advantage that it was when it was over $4/Gal while electricity is on the rise.

I have done my research, have you? I am well aware that electric cars don't run on duracell, but much like duracells, the li-ion batteries in an electric car have a finite life cycle, albeit a bit better than household batteries. 50k miles has been found to be the rule of thumb with electric cars, and like I said before but you seemed to miss, those 50,000 miles were powered by coal fire plants in 70%. Car manufacturers prey on your inability to think beyond your electrical socket. "It must be cleaner, it doesnt clog the air with carbon" when in reality, electricity comes from fossil fuels the majority of the time. After your 50k miles are up, the old batteries are disposed of (and they still havent found a way to do this in away that is environmentally safe, think along the lines of spent nuclear fuel), and you have to spend a small fortune on new ones (and you thought a bad transmission was expensive). These are the reasons why most respected environmentalists have dropped the idea of electric cars and moved on to making hydrogen powered vehicles more viable as far as cost, as this seems to be the REAL way of the future. The only ones still pushing electric cars are the auto manufacturers, because they are the gift that keeps on giving them their customer's cash.
Dude it does not matter. In the long run fossil fuel will become obsolete and you have to find a different source of energy regardless of what it is. Its called evolution and its a start of something. Thats why steam engines are obsolete etc. Great minds starts something, weak minds well sits a play video games and become stagnant. I am not telling you to agree with me or anything like that, but thats my opinion. Its a start of something "that can be or potentialy can be GREAT".

Dude it does not matter. In the long run fossil fuel will become obsolete and you have to find a different source of energy regardless of what it is. Its called evolution and its a start of something. Thats why steam engines are obsolete etc. Great minds starts something, weak minds well sits a play video games and become stagnant. I am not telling you to agree with me or anything like that, but thats my opinion. Its a start of something "that can be or potentialy can be GREAT".

I can provide you with some methane...

Sent from my methane outgas valve using directed bursts

Not sure if the new model will have the same warranty options but the S I got a chance to use for awhile had an 8 year unlimited mileage on the drive and batteries. Also just FYI Tesla recycles the batteries, they are up to about 70% reuse. Its a fun to drive car, super fast on accel. Takes awhile to get used to the braking. I have thought about getting one, will have to get some electrical work done to accommodate the charging station, and possibly solar install. With gas on the low side now its not the advantage that it was when it was over $4/Gal while electricity is on the rise.
Wait til summer time lol. I beleive its 3.29 there for 87 octane?.

Wait til summer time lol. I beleive its 3.29 there for 87 octane?.
We get screwed in CA, depending on the price per gal it can get close to a $1.00/Gal just for the taxes. We just had a jump from 230ish to 280ish due the the change to summer blend. I am pretty happy at $2.80. When it gets up to the price of a pint of beer I stop driving and resume drinking.:drinks:

Latest Posts

Back