• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The best way to clean the Oakley lenses

Hello everyone!

What is the best way to clean the Oakley lenses , and to avoid scratches?

After some use I always use to clean them with warm water, then water and mild soap, and den only water + microfiber cloth.

On some lenses I have like 'lime' spots residue from water drying, and I am not able to remove them, will the original Oakley cleankit/hydrophobic solution fix this?
(They do not obstruct vision, but I am very carefully about having perfect lenses)

So any tips for any chemical not harmful to the Oakley lenses would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Rotor!

You can remove any lime scale build up with vinegar. If you’re worried about using it neat just make a water/vinegar mix about 1 part to 10

Any lime residue is from hard water. So you can get over that by using distilled or softened water.
Softened wafter also has cons. It’s a mild acid. So soft water for example will take grout out of tiles as it is searching for calcium.
I did not know this, is it bad for lenses?

Seriously just a tiny bit of dish soap and lots of water when they’re really dirty and pat them dry. Use a lens cleaning solution and microfiber for mild smudges.

My bulletproof method is:

-Splash the glasses under a running faucet, then set down
-A squirt of dishsoap in one hand, a splash of water in the other, and start lathering your hands
-Pick up the glasses, and massage all parts with lather
-Ring them dry
-Gently pat dry with a clean towel
-Use compressed air to blow out the crevasses
-Finish the lenses off with hot breath and a clean microfiber cloth
-Leave to sit in open air (air-dry) or head on out with them on (wear-dry)

-A squirt of dishsoap in one hand, a splash of water in the other, and start lathering your hands
-Ring them dry
Yeah that's pretty much the same method that I use.
A lot of people forget to run your glasses/sunglasses under running water first. You don't want to start applying the soap when there may be small particulates that could damage the lenses. Just run them under water and you'll be good.

FOUR words..

Screenshot_20210430-104436.png

^ thats what I use. Why risk anything else? The Oakley lens cleaning kit is like 12 bucks, and once you run out of solution, all you have to do is go into any Oakley store (pretty sure that includes Sunglass Hut and Lens Crafters) and they will refill the bottle for free. Thats free refills for LIFE. FOR 12 DOLLARS. Its a no brainer IMO
OakleyCleaner.jpg

-Ring them dry
Yep, it's not rocket science!

Back