• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The pair that you would never sell ...

I have many I would not sell but these 2 are among my Favs

Here you go @SouLFuLFroG :cool-20:

Polished R1 with Gold and Pitboss Ducati

_MG_6619.JPG
_MG_4370.JPG

This is a tough question but overall these are 4 pairs that I own which I will never sell.

First pair is actually the first pair of Oakley's I ever owned. I was in Colorado on vacation and found a pair of Juliet's. I loved the look and loved that they were different than many other pairs in the look. Unfortunately the whole reason I will never sell them is because of this memory: when I was driving I had to get something out of my trunk. I set them on the sill of the trunk and *BAM* shut the trunk with my sunglasses still there except now all I could see were the temple grips sticking out. I fumbled with my keys and opened the trunk quick to find them snap back to shape and never had a scratch. They have been my babies ever since.

The next 2 I did a custom build on the Oakley site as a gift to myself for completing my MBA - Radarlock model.

The last one is the Super Bowl edition Kato's that I bought in 2021. Haven't worn them yet but love their look!

I am currently trying to refurb a pair of Square Wire 2.0 Spring Hinge frames so they could be added to this list when completed. Still need lenses and nosepads tho.
I got the SB Katos too. Nice pair:)

For me I have 2 first is a pair of mars crater. I've always been a bargain hunter and spent many hours trawling the world for a set in my budget. Made all the harder because from my understanding they were never sold in Australia or New Zealand. Took me 3 years to find a set and the linegear nxt varia photochromatic lenses are the perfect accompaniment to a truly iconic frame from the x Metal range and as a bonus a lovely crisp sub 1000 serial!
20211115_192457.jpg

The second pair I would never sell I found on Facebook marketplace. I was straight up with the guy and told him exactly what they were, what they were worth and what I planned to do with them. He refused to take any more money for them and was really happy because they belonged to his son who had since died. They were his favourite pair of sunglasses. Needless to say with a bit of help from the x Metal workshop in Sydney and some deep ruby lenses they are a pair that could never be sold as they hold too much sentimental value as one of the first pairs of x Metal I ever owned and my first xx.
Screenshot_20190624-140514_Facebook.jpg
20190913_143132.jpg

Back