• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

i played the first Hellblade. honestly i thought it was amazing. the visuals and story are great, but i have never played a game that was like it before. it was a like a schizophrenia simulator. it's one of those games where you either love it or you hate it. i loved it.

Picked up an F1 style wheel to add to the stable of wheels for the racing sim. i prefer the round Nascar wheel most of the time, but this one is fun and a little more immersive for playing F1 2020 or using GT3 cars.

2.jpg

Picked up an F1 style wheel to add to the stable of wheels for the racing sim. i prefer the round Nascar wheel most of the time, but this one is fun and a little more immersive for playing F1 2020 or using GT3 cars.

View attachment 786958
That is an awesome wheel, sounds like a professional setup.
Got more pics of the sim rig? I’ve been sketching and planning a flying primary, driving secondary multi setup sim rig....

That is an awesome wheel, sounds like a professional setup.
Got more pics of the sim rig? I’ve been sketching and planning a flying primary, driving secondary multi setup sim rig....

the PC and the wheel are pretty high tier, but the rig is nothing special. I'm just using a GT omega apex wheel stand and a gaming chair for now. the apex stand was cheap and easy and it is super solid.

i don't have a full rig since i don't have the room for it right now. they sell a back half that bolts to the apex stand to make it a full rig if i want. i might get that and try to tuck it in the corner of the room if eventually, but that kit is sold out right now. i have to use the same area to play virtual reality games. so my chair has to do double duty as the computer chair and sim rig seat while being able to roll it out of the way completely for VR games. i have rubber chair stops that are made to go under the rolling wheels to keep the chair from moving while racing for now.

i do have a flight stick and rudder pedals i use, but i use them over by the computer desk. a setup that could do both racing and flying would be cool to see.

20200910_210633.jpg

20200731_000105.jpg

FB_IMG_1596152713053.jpg

there are hydraulic dampers and rumble motors on the brake and gas pedal. they feel pretty realistic.

20200730_192921.jpg

Last edited:
the PC and the wheel are pretty high tier, but the rig is nothing special. I'm just using a GT omega apex wheel stand and a gaming chair for now. the apex stand was cheap and easy and it is super solid.

i don't have a full rig since i don't have the room for it right now. they sell a back half that bolts to the apex stand to make it a full rig if i want. i might get that and try to tuck it in the corner of the room if eventually, but that kit is sold out right now. i have to use the same area to play virtual reality games. so my chair has to do double duty as the computer chair and sim rig seat while being able to roll it out of the way completely for VR games. i have rubber chair stops that are made to go under the rolling wheels to keep the chair from moving while racing for now.

i do have a flight stick and rudder pedals i use, but i use them over by the computer desk. a setup that could do both racing and flying would be cool to see.

View attachment 787073

there are hydraulic dampers and rumble motors on the brake and gas pedal. they feel pretty realistic.
Same colour Secretlab Titan as mine 😊

Japan. Smaller homes, better internet connections, more likely to get physical editions of games. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1E27652F-3019-40BD-B65D-21110875A99D.jpeg

i played the first Hellblade. honestly i thought it was amazing. the visuals and story are great, but i have never played a game that was like it before. it was a like a schizophrenia simulator. it's one of those games where you either love it or you hate it. i loved it.

Awesome, I'm gonna buy that then, i love visceral games like that! Cheers for the input!

Also... Holy crap! that's an impressive sim setup! Lando Norris would be cheffed with that! hahah.

right on. how long have you had it? i just got it in the mail on Monday. i really like it so far. build quality is wayyyy above the gaming chair i had before. the arm rests are super comfortable.
Since June but yeah, I really like it too. Very heavy and sturdy and the adjustability of the armrests is great. I worried they were too far apart before I realised I could also slide them inwards. No signs of wear at all in those three months and I’ve been working from home so it’s been getting at least 8 hrs use a day during the working week.

I definitely think the fabric weave is a better choice than the PVU, though I was a little tempted by the real leather option. And Titan a better choice than Omega, the seat base looks a bit restrictive on the Omega.

Has anyone in here played Hellbalde 1, Senuas Sacrifice? The trailer for number 2 looks epic and this game must have slipped me by.. looks like it has good reviews...anyone got any input?
Started playing it on XCloud beta since it was the only game that didn't require a controller. I like the game's take on the whole psychosis / schizophrenia element with all the voices in your head thing, pretty trippy.

Back