• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

Started playing it on XCloud beta since it was the only game that didn't require a controller. I like the game's take on the whole psychosis / schizophrenia element with all the voices in your head thing, pretty trippy.
Sounds intriguing.

the PC and the wheel are pretty high tier, but the rig is nothing special. I'm just using a GT omega apex wheel stand and a gaming chair for now. the apex stand was cheap and easy and it is super solid.

i don't have a full rig since i don't have the room for it right now. they sell a back half that bolts to the apex stand to make it a full rig if i want. i might get that and try to tuck it in the corner of the room if eventually, but that kit is sold out right now. i have to use the same area to play virtual reality games. so my chair has to do double duty as the computer chair and sim rig seat while being able to roll it out of the way completely for VR games. i have rubber chair stops that are made to go under the rolling wheels to keep the chair from moving while racing for now.

i do have a flight stick and rudder pedals i use, but i use them over by the computer desk. a setup that could do both racing and flying would be cool to see.

View attachment 787073

View attachment 787033

View attachment 787034

there are hydraulic dampers and rumble motors on the brake and gas pedal. they feel pretty realistic.

View attachment 787035

Great setup you have there! And thanks for the pics, brings back memories in the 90’s when I was into computer flight simulator games. I had the Thrustmaster HOTAS + pedals system playing Falcon 3.0, F-117 Stealth Fighter, MiG-29, Su-27, Tornado, AH-65 longbow, Comanche, most of the Jane’s series, A-10 tank killer, and Star Wars: X-Wing.

Love the flight sims, and lately Elite Dangerous is basically flying in Space - with 1:1 scientific accurate solar systems, star types, galactic dimensions....super cool.

After this setup, the need for the full Sim Rig became obvious :)

Last edited:
Great setup you have there! And thanks for the pics, brings back memories in the 90’s when I was into computer flight simulator games. I had the Thrustmaster HOTAS + pedals system playing Falcon 3.0, F-117 Stealth Fighter, MiG-29, Su-27, Tornado, AH-65 longbow, Comanche, most of the Jane’s series, A-10 tank killer, and Star Wars: X-Wing.

Yea the Hotas + pedals is what i have. not sure how much it has changed since the mid 90's, but they still sell it. it sure makes Ace Combat 7 a lot of fun. i just wish they would release the VR missions for PC. the year long exclusivity with PS4 VR has run out and they still haven't made them available to PC users.

i've been waiting for a game like Tie Fighter/X-wing to come out again for years. Star Wars Squadrons should be awesome when it releases next month and it has full VR support.

20200913_100838.jpg

Love the flight sims, and lately Elite Dangerous is basically flying in Space - with 1:1 scientific accurate solar systems, star types, galactic dimensions....super cool.

After this setup, the need for the full Sim Rig became obvious :)

the only reason i haven't tried Elite Dangerous is it looks like too much to get into. i don't mind that with driving games, but with flight games i prefer a little touch of simplicity and arcade style. Ace Combat 7 is like the perfect balance of sim and arcade for an example.

i always preferred Tie Fighter over X-wing for some reason. i remember i had the OG versions of both games and they gave you a books you had to use to look up codes to log onto the game. lol.

I had those too, all on floppy disk. I had a short novel thing that came with Tie Fighter, looking at it like a training academy, had a wicked little part mid way through showing all the ship classes and basic 3d models. Think I used it for my school bookclub write up as well.

Edit: It was called The Stele Chronicles

Latest Posts

Back