• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

Anyone knows if Apex Legends will migrate to the next gen consoles?

it's too popular of a game not to. with them still planning to launch cross play this year and the new consoles coming soon that pretty much tells you that it will. i don't think you hear about how it will be on next gen because the game can already run at higher specs than current consoles anyways. example my PC is higher specs than the next gen console and you just set it to whatever quality settings you want. the game definitely looks better and runs way smoother at the higher frame rates on my PC than it does on my Xbox One X.

microsofts store auto generated notification emails are trolling me.

they sent me an email today saying i forgot something in my cart on the microsoft store website and i should complete checkout. clicked the link and it went to the checkout page for the pre order for the xbox series x showing it in my cart still. for the hell of it i clicked submit order cause it wasn't grayed out. nope, error message. lol.

bastards.

microsofts store auto generated notification emails are trolling me.

they sent me an email today saying i forgot something in my cart on the microsoft store website and i should complete checkout. clicked the link and it went to the checkout page for the pre order for the xbox series x showing it in my cart still. for the hell of it i clicked submit order cause it wasn't grayed out. nope, error message. lol.

bastards.

don’t worry bro you will get one eventually.

it's too popular of a game not to. with them still planning to launch cross play this year and the new consoles coming soon that pretty much tells you that it will. i don't think you hear about how it will be on next gen because the game can already run at higher specs than current consoles anyways. example my PC is higher specs than the next gen console and you just set it to whatever quality settings you want. the game definitely looks better and runs way smoother at the higher frame rates on my PC than it does on my Xbox One X.
Sweet!

Just played the opening prologue missions of Star Wars Squadrons on PC in VR with a T-Flight Hotas flight stick and rudder pedals. it's as good as i hoped it would be. if you grew up on the original Tie Fighter or X-Wing games, this is that but a modern day version. i never felt like Rogue Squadron games were worthy to carry the torch of Tie Fighter, but this game is. i should have taken tomorrow off work. it went live at 11pm and i just wanted to check it out for like a half hour. ended up playing till 1:30am. work is gonna suck tomorrow. lol.

Just played the opening prologue missions of Star Wars Squadrons on PC in VR with a T-Flight Hotas flight stick and rudder pedals. it's as good as i hoped it would be. if you grew up on the original Tie Fighter or X-Wing games, this is that but a modern day version. i never felt like Rogue Squadron games were worthy to carry the torch of Tie Fighter, but this game is. i should have taken tomorrow off work. it went live at 11pm and i just wanted to check it out for like a half hour. ended up playing till 1:30am. work is gonna suck tomorrow. lol.

I just watched a YouTube Live of a bombing mission with a Y-Wing. Major complain is that it feel like driving a school bus. Graphics look great in that PC version though.

Sweeeeet - that is great to hear! Now where to find some more time to enjoy this game? :)

Just picked this up. Nostalgia at its finest!

1601664937710.png

I just watched a YouTube Live of a bombing mission with a Y-Wing. Major complain is that it feel like driving a school bus. Graphics look great in that PC version though.

a Y-Wing should feel like a school bus. not sure what they expect. Ties and X-Wings feel right so far. in the classic games X-Wings were always slower than Tie Fighters. Empire ships were always faster than their Rebel equivalents. and Rebel ships always had more shields and firepower than the Imperial equivalents.

Back