• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thumps

Especially now that prices for MP3 players and good sets of headphones are way way down, along with the size of the devices.

Then again, they might have thought it was best to not have people blocking out the sounds of traffic during running/biking and since MP3 players are so small and cheap it doesn't make sense to try and bundle a $40 device into a pair of glasses that would creep up to $300 quickly.

I can see it now.....Oakley Thumps with Beats Audio.

F*K Beats. It's gotta be Bose...:laugh:

I've the Snow Camo Thumps, only have 128mb memory but I love them, especially the flip up lenses. The only thing I find with these & the Pro's that my son use to have is the lens coverage isn't quite enough not sure how the 2's & Splits measure up but I'd like some feedback on the Splits as it's a pair I'd look at in the future.

F*K Beats. It's gotta be Bose...:laugh:

I've the Snow Camo Thumps, only have 128mb memory but I love them, especially the flip up lenses. The only thing I find with these & the Pro's that my son use to have is the lens coverage isn't quite enough not sure how the 2's & Splits measure up but I'd like some feedback on the Splits as it's a pair I'd look at in the future.

no highs, no lows, must be Bose.

Especially now that prices for MP3 players and good sets of headphones are way way down, along with the size of the devices.

Then again, they might have thought it was best to not have people blocking out the sounds of traffic during running/biking and since MP3 players are so small and cheap it doesn't make sense to try and bundle a $40 device into a pair of glasses that would creep up to $300 quickly.

Pot makes a good point.
Both in terms of road safety, and in prices often taking the p155 on these.

With all the flash memory technology im suprised they havent attempted new Thumps with more storage.

Honestly I think a Thump with more than even 2 GB would be difficult music management wise. It's best to keep storage to a decent minimum so that you aren't carrying a jukebox on your head. More music would complicate music navigation and controls and when on the go, it's best to keep it as simple as possible.

Back