• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb I's and Scratches.

Not long at all. Just a few minutes. I am pretty hard on my watches and it shines them back up beautifully. Never had any major gouges but nicks, scratches, scrapes.....all gone in a few minutes.

I put a good size scratch into a garmin watch the day my screen protecters showed up from amazon. I was quite bitter about it. But I will probably try this at some point.

Yep - diamond paste is what I used on mine. A kit from eBay is less than a tenner..

It comes with several different compounds from 5 micron down to 0.5 micron. Be wary of starting off too course, though - it removes a lot of glass very quickly! I wouldn't recommend using a power tool (eg dremmel) either due to the heat generated. I just used some kitchen paper and some elbow grease on the coarser grades then using a microfibre towel on the finest grades.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use Fabulustre polishing compound on mine with a cloth polishing wheel. Works beautifully. I can't speak for Oakley but it works on the watches I wear. Residue just washes off with soap and water.

View attachment 381739 View attachment 381740 View attachment 381741

Some great answers here, guys. Thank you so much.

Sounds like the way to go. I'm going to try and find a cheap TB ('beater' ?) to practice on first with Fabulustre / the paste. I'll start with eBay in my hunt for a battered TB - any other sites etc. worth checking out?

Yep - diamond paste is what I used on mine. A kit from eBay is less than a tenner..

It comes with several different compounds from 5 micron down to 0.5 micron. Be wary of starting off too course, though - it removes a lot of glass very quickly! I wouldn't recommend using a power tool (eg dremmel) either due to the heat generated. I just used some kitchen paper and some elbow grease on the coarser grades then using a microfibre towel on the finest grades.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can you post a link with such a diamond paste

Hi guys, hope its okay if I bump this old thread.
I just got a timebomb from @sibolang with a perfect crystal, and I've already scratched/scuffed it within a week. Is there any at home stuff I can use without a buffer to get them out? I would say its not too bad. Does anyone also have a recommendation for a protector I could use to prevent scratches in the future? These watches aren't that cheap anymore and I'm hoping to preserve it as long as possible.

Hi guys, hope its okay if I bump this old thread.
I just got a timebomb from @sibolang with a perfect crystal, and I've already scratched/scuffed it within a week. Is there any at home stuff I can use without a buffer to get them out? I would say its not too bad. Does anyone also have a recommendation for a protector I could use to prevent scratches in the future? These watches aren't that cheap anymore and I'm hoping to preserve it as long as possible.
@zwc0442

With my TB1, I bought it with scratches. Then sent it off to Oakley, where they replaced the Crystal for a fee(think it was 50 or 60 pounds, have the receipt upstairs). Then after less than a week, scratched it on a greenhouse, of all bloody things!!!!! Just caught the frame and bu#ger me, it was gouged. Rather than send it off again, I just looked at it and thought, with the 'bubble' glass, it was just destined to happen again. So I took a piece of worn sandpaper/emery cloth, and used water with every motion I did on top. I think it sorted the scratch, so it's nigh on imperseptible. So, if you're going to atempt the same, make sure the abrasive you use is almost non-existent and always keep it WET when using the sandpaper. Finaly, keep checking the progress.

Back