• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tincan reviews

Yes the hinges iamflip mentions are REALLY cool and appear to be durable. I haven't seen any reports of their being issues with them.

I'm the one who bought Bronzefunk's OO red tincan carbons.

The squarish orbitals aren't really my style but the look of this particular frame had grown on me. And then I had a pair of carbon shifts and liked the carbon earstems, so I picked these up.

Yes, the lenses are relatively flat and light leakage can be more of an issue than with some other frames with better curvature. Not too big a deal IMO but YMMV.

I really like the hinges and carbon earstems. The earstems are a little thicker and stiffer than those on the carbon shift but still comfortable and I think for me the regular tincan would be too stiff/tight. But, as Bronzefunk alluded, it all depends on your personal sizing.

What surprised me the most was the balance. The orbitals are steel. Though they look like just a flat piece of metal, there's a lot more hardware on the backside to mount the lenses. The overall effect is these are much more orbital heavy in balance than my average Oakley example. Which may be an advantage of the Tinfoil, the half frames with less orbital material probably balance better. But either way they fit me well enough that it hasn't been a problem.

I have a few complaint with my tincan carbons . The stems (or arms) are a hair too long . They need to be cut down 1/3 to 1/4 of a inch. I feel the arm are too long they stick out the side or back of my head. People with no hair like me... It more of a issue cause I notice the stem stick out far. If you have hair on your head , it cover it up good enough and is not a issue.

Also I wish the stems had more of a curve to them instead of being so straight. But I do like them even tho they have these small issues with the stems.

I swap out my BIP to daily prizm lens a few months ago, tincan carbons are my driving glasses , great pair of glasses .
e019f12f2b43bf5f5fff9e1e882e396d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@djhyper66
your pic shows you wearing the tinfoil carbon. But I'm sure you would have the same complaint on the tincan Carbon as they are almost identical.

I had made a decision on getting the polarized 00red iridium but it's not on oakley.com anymore. :( not sure if I can trust buying one on ebay.

I've bought many Oaks on eBay
if seller has a high rating and lots of oakley items for sale then It's a good way to save some funds and try things out I'm not totally certain about wearing or collecting.
That's my 2 cents, Good luck with the search.

Back