• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To buy or not to buy X Square

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So, I've got a guy selling a polished carbon X Squared full set with box, extra rubbers, coin, etc. He says the frame has little use and the lenses are brand new since he had to use prescription on them. I have no idea of how the nose or washers are, and this guy has little idea of what I mean by movement. Asking around $350 for the whole thing.
I know the price is excellent for the set, but since I've never seen an X square before, I'm just wondering what the worst case scenario be, tune up, respray, etc. I'm calculating around $100 for fixing the frame and leaving it like new. So the final price will be aroung $450 + shipping, do you guys think this is good? Or could I get a better deal here in the forum?
Let me know what you think, thanks!

So, I've got a guy selling a polished carbon X Squared full set with box, extra rubbers, coin, etc. He says the frame has little use and the lenses are brand new since he had to use prescription on them. I have no idea of how the nose or washers are, and this guy has little idea of what I mean by movement. Asking around $350 for the whole thing.
I know the price is excellent for the set, but since I've never seen an X square before, I'm just wondering what the worst case scenario be, tune up, respray, etc. I'm calculating around $100 for fixing the frame and leaving it like new. So the final price will be aroung $450 + shipping, do you guys think this is good? Or could I get a better deal here in the forum?
Let me know what you think, thanks!
I think you may be able to get a slightly better deal. Hopefully someone with one for sale can let you know

That's not bad, and that's just worst case scenario. They may end up being all good and that's a huge score.

I'll talk to the guy and see if I can lower the price depending on the condition. Hopefully everything will be as good as he says and that way I can finally get a carbon with blueish lenses set I've been carving for a while.
Thanks for the answers!

The XS don't generaly suffer from extreme looseness in the nose like other x-metals. The design was upgraded and made manageable to fix by oneself ( it's a screw type vs a pin type ) 350$ is a very fair price and the carbon polish isn't so common IMO, on the other hand I don't know anyone that can refurbish that particular finish:(

Last edited:
IMG_2533.PNG

Cheaper than original price... go for it!:boast:

Don't do it, it's a trap!!! Once you get one x-squared you will want them all! :grin:

That's a great price, get them if you don't like them you can always trade them or sell them for something more to your liking, you have one advantage here......there are too many x-metal lovers here! :newrussian:

Latest Posts

Back