• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top Ten Rarest Oakley Sunglasses?

I had 3 R2 GS and all of them boxes where below 500 - never seer seen or heard of any R2 GS with a higher serial on the box -> is there a thread about this topic with picture evidence of more than one/two cases?

If I remember corretly all R2s of the "old box and flat coin" have no markings on the frame so one would have to trust by box numbering. I.e. there are 750 golden XSs and Juliets according to the box and frame and Oakley but I have seen at least 2 different XS gold only "sample" marked. Therefore one can not either trust the "matched frame and box logic" as well, right?!

Agree and disagree. There is a thread on the scelzi r2s on members who owns them. I disagree on the 24ks, although there are samples and pieces floating around without stamp or markings as a collector you only count matched serials as legit pairs, i mean members here can do platings as well close enough to a 24k. Matched serials are always by any means a legit release if it says 1/750 “it’s 750” no more, no less.

The glossy carbon fiber ones are found everywhere. However the matte ones (like described above) are not as common. Basically it's like an Echelon equivalent.

Not sure, though, how many of those arrays were made. I know the blood orange one was 50 or so (I think less than that).

Important thing there is the box for the array and the matte carbon frame. The lenses themselves are regular Radarlock lenses (can't recall if it included the VR50 lenses... Those would be precious)

Latest Posts

Back