• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unusual lense issue

Jaydentaku

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Clifdens with an strange lense issue. It looks like one lense is polarised and the other isn’t.

I am no expert, so it’s just a guess. Any ideas?

I have contacted Oakley to resolve.

Frame: Matte Translucent Blue
Lens: Prizm Deep Water Polarized
OO9440-0556

edit - I should say that the colour/ light transmission difference shown in the last picture, only happens when held up against my monitor. They look identical when held up to the sky.

AB5E1755-9424-416B-B0E9-8F2E4260F889.jpeg

11F6A0F2-05F2-44B4-8728-193AB3C0C25A.jpeg

Last edited:
Indeed. I bought them last year, using them daily. The issue isn’t that obvious but I started wearing them again this year and noticed the issue.

I had dislopia last year for a few days and had to go to my local eye infirmary to be examined. They didn’t have a clue what had caused it and it hadn’t even crossed my mind that it could have been my sunglasses.

Ok. I am learning quickly here. Thanks, @mjt42 it’s would appear then that they are both polarised lenses but on different axis planes as both do as you say, but alternatively to each other at 90 degrees.

Surely this isn’t a common issue?

Ok. I am learning quickly here. Thanks, @mjt42 it’s would appear then that they are both polarised lenses but on different axis planes as both do as you say, but alternatively to each other at 90 degrees.

Surely this isn’t a common issue?
I would definitely raise this as an issue with Oakley warranty or wherever you purchased from.

I would definitely raise this as an issue with Oakley warranty or wherever you purchased from.
Yes. I have already raised a service request. I bought them from Blickers (Spanish company selling in UK). Oakley say they will deal with warranty requests for sunglasses bought from authorised resellers only, so I hope Blickers are included in that list.

Latest Posts

Back