• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated Oakley Forum Exchange Rules

Should Comments be allowed in Exchange Forums?

• Yes

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe comments need to stay and should be allowed in the threads - people want to talk, let them talk.

Am working on an automated system for bumps that would prevent you from bumping within set time periods, but still allows you to reply to any comments made.

I'm not talking about the swear filter. It's people's posts getting deleted. Some kind of power trip or something
Ding Ding Ding

That irks me to no end. Especially when the deletions are done anonymously and with no explanation. In my eyes, that makes the mod gutless.

I know we have to have rules and blah, blah, blah, but some clarity is needed. You don't have to debate the reasoning with me, just say it.

Sent from Q's Note5

A comment was made by an old forum member about this.

Here it is

"Can't let the membership run the site in one thread and the staff run it in another. Gather info then make a decision and stand by it. Don't make a decision and ask to be talked out of it."

I feel he's right. Staff made the decision. I actually thought it was close to 100% good. Maybe the creating new threads was a bit much but that's all.

There's a word for that: dictatorship. I've heard this argument before on this and other forums and it doesn't hold any more water now than it did then (less probably) with the come back always being the membership isn't the forum owners so the forum owners can make unilateral decisions if they see fit. Sure they can- with consequences. Any owner of any product being consumed (a forum, website, food, drink, car) can do whatever they like, but if they do it without consulting the user/consumer first (or unless they happen to really truly understand the user/consumer but that rarely happens and usually the more they think they know you, the less they really do) the backlash can be brutal and end up hurting the owner/provider.

So yes, hypothetically you could make any changes you see fit even if it goes against the preponderance of opinions (which right now are polling at 2 to 1 against restricting comments) but correct me if I'm wrong in that site revenue is driven by things like lifetime and premium memberships as well as ads and if the users are frustrated and come to not prefer posting/buying in the exchange section you're quite possibly going to lose membership buys, ad views, clicks etc etc.

I feel there should be 2 posts in a FS Thread both by the OP
1st is listing
2nd is sold
All corespondents are via PM
thread should be locked, only OP and Mods can change
Op should be able to change the price or add info to original post at anytime. But that would not bump the post up

Add should be wiped clear after 90 days or sooner if the Item sells, but then again its nice to search back thru old listings and see what items are priced at.
Even tho they may not be realistic

I feel there should be 2 posts in a FS Thread both by the OP
1st is listing
2nd is sold
All corespondents are via PM
thread should be locked, only OP and Mods can change
Op should be able to change the price or add info to original post at anytime. But that would not bump the post up

Add should be wiped clear after 90 days or sooner if the Item sells, but then again its nice to search back thru old listings and see what items are priced at.
Even tho they may not be realistic

Yup, some of us agree, but the majority has spoken and people seem to want to comment on other people's threads.

Believe comments need to stay and should be allowed in the threads - people want to talk, let them talk.

Am working on an automated system for bumps that would prevent you from bumping within set time periods, but still allows you to reply to any comments made.

It's nice to have people who are in charge actually listen to us. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back