• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Want to buy Oakley, but have questions...

Sokudoningyou

Oakley Beginner
Hello, all. First time poster, very recent reader. Heh.

I find myself needing new sunglasses after four years of being happy with an Asian company that allowed for lens and arm swaps similar to Oakley. They've stopped making the lenses for the ones I wear, so, due to not only that, but the cost of said lenses anyway, I figured I may as well bite the bullet and go local. So I've been looking at Oakleys for a model I like that is also easy to replace the lenses in, as well as a model that should stick around for a while. Talking to one of the guys at a Sunglasses Hut, he suggested the Holbrooks for longevity, as well as the fact you can swap lenses. I also found that there's a metal model, which I actually like the look of more, but from what I was told of them, as well as a few other reviews online, I have some questions.

Mostly, are the metal Holbrooks flimsier than the regular ones? I've seen reviews online suggesting such. And are the lens replaceable? It appears they're screwed in, and the website doesn't seem to have lenses specific to the metal frames. Do they take the standard Holbrook lenses? Or are they not changeable?

Welcome. I don’t wear Holbrook’s personally, but you’ve come to the right place. A lot of knowledgeable people here.

I do think there are other frames that can more easily swap lenses...Flak Draft is one, but it is more of a wrap frame, so may not be what you want.

Back