• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

That explains a helluva lot. What's the real benefits of 904L then aside from the marketing gimmick?
I don't know from a watch standpoint but 904 is a highly specialized stainless steel. Its very highly corrosion resistant. Especially to acids

As much as they brag about that 904L steel, I've always felt it's softer than 316L and dings easily. What do you think?
To me it’s brighter and keeps luster longer than 316L, even when brushed. Durability-wise, steel is steel in my opinion. I don’t think either grade catches dings any more frequently than the other.

He didn’t kill the value. That’s a Bamford job, with the case DLC coated. It’s not going to be worth what he paid for it, but it’s still worth way more than a stock 216570. I had the polar version, which l’m kicking myself for trading. Value is double what I paid for it smh.
What Bamford does do though is limit your market - their customs aren’t for everyone. So they might make decent money second hand now but I very much doubt in 20 years time they’re going to be breaking auction house records. The quality is good though, they do work hand in hand with a number of the actual manufacturers.

I mean I do what I want, but life is a lot easier if she's not scowling at me or resenting my decisions, you know what I'm saying? I have my own bank accounts and control all my money though, unlike many marriages!
This is something my wife and decided to do. We’ve heard horror stories of joint bank accounts

Back