• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

We don't need another Hero? Oh, yes we do...we most certainly do... (TONS of pics)

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
First of all, I was not sold on the while Violet Iridium lens from the outset...I found the idea of the lens color itself to be questionable in terms of how it would come off. But as I was blown away by the new 24K line when I held them and wore them, so am I blown away by the Infinite Hero Juliet--these are amazing; the pairing with the Plasma and how this lens looks and shifts in color is out of this world. I must say the Plasma frames the last couple years look really good---they have a very deep rich luster to them and this frame might be the best I've seen of the silverish plasma frames. Also, I know some had noticed the flex coupler seemed looser than prior BNIB pairs-this pair is not...if anything this is one of the stiffest flex couplers I've ever had on a new pair (fine with me, my flex couplers never flex due to how I wear my Juliets). And as for packaging? Really nice-they did a good job and made it special, the coin is nice the bag is incredible (this might be the overall most well executed bag outside of the Tron Pit Boss bag) and YES the special Infinite Hero literature folds out into a poster. Very pleased to have and wear these. Please excuse my 3 day shadow---these 60 hour work weeks are taking their toll-but the the reward, well...the pictures speak for themselves.

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

Glad you like these, they are on my top 3 favorite Juliets.

On another note, your pictures come out really well. What kind of camera are you using to take these shots?

Glad you like these, they are on my top 3 favorite Juliets.

On another note, your pictures come out really well. What kind of camera are you using to take these shots?

That's funny--I get asked that A LOT and everyone is surprised by the answer. All my pictures are taken with the 8MP camera on my HTC Evo. I've done side by side comparisons with pictures taken with my 12MP Canon...the Evo takes better pictures up to 12 feet, equal 13-20 feet and after 20 feet the Canon with its superior lens and zoom takes the lead from there.

That's funny--I get asked that A LOT and everyone is surprised by the answer. All my pictures are taken with the 8MP camera on my HTC Evo. I've done side by side comparisons with pictures taken with my 12MP Canon...the Evo takes better pictures up to 12 feet, equal 13-20 feet and after 20 feet the Canon with its superior lens and zoom takes the lead from there.

Very nice, I guess maybe it is all about the lighting? I suck at taking pictures and my tower and my glasses are in a room with a small window so there is never any real light. I guess it explains why my pics always look grainy. I should try taking pictures outside like you haha. Great pictures man! I will try taking some pictures on a sunny day!

Lighting is everything. I've actually found that the lighting in my office great for pictures because its a thousand watts of Soft White CFL's bouncing light off the white enclosures. Other than that, outside in the shade is ideal...you can manipulate placement, angles and lighting. If you want the best neutral pictures (closest to actual shade of something), the best time is to take pictures out in the open right after the sun goes down...it gives the maximum possible natural light without the sun influencing frame and lens color.

Back