• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing of limited edition glasses?

There are several pairs that I don't wear. I enjoy looking at them more. But that is just me. Some of those pairs would sustain wear damage just from putting them on and off like the magnesium frames and the 24k xx. I believe we are all entitled to do as we please with what we buy. Maybe we should classify ourselves like we did in the past, like a "shelf whore collector" or "no shelf whore collector", not an idiot.

So if your choice is to buy something and sit it on a case shelf, then do just that, don't feel that you should be compelled to wear them. Do what makes you happy, isn't that what you want to be?

There are several pairs that I don't wear. I enjoy looking at them more. But that is just me. Some of those pairs would sustain wear damage just from putting them on and off like the magnesium frames and the 24k xx. I believe we are all entitled to do as we please with what we buy. Maybe we should classify ourselves like we did in the past, like a "shelf whore collector" or "no shelf whore collector", not an idiot.

So if your choice is to buy something and sit it on a case shelf, then do just that, don't feel that you should be compelled to wear them. Do what makes you happy, isn't that what you want to be?

the one of mine you have now might be my first shelf whore. lol.

There are just some pairs I wouldn't wear much if at all. FC Rust Decay's are in that mix imo. Same with the holiday LE's. There was clear intent to highlight the artwork vs. offering them as a limited variant (like the Tron, Jupiter Camo, AntiFreeze Radar etc). Only one-off's I'd surely rock are customs.

I'm enjoy just looking at my display case so I don't mind buying glasses and just leaving them in the case. I don't have many now but I only have two pair out that I wear regularly.

For myself i wear the half of it
I don't wear my Ichiro's and my jordan romeo
But the rest is worn randomly
I just bought few ichiro radar lens for wear it