• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Welcome surprise

Well. It's confirmed. 3 xs all retail bnib that I spent hours searching for have all been lost In the mail on the way to me. A polished carbon bip, and 2 carbon with oo bip. Possibly the last two retail of that model left to be found. I bought the polished and one carbon oo believing it was 2 polished carbon pairs. But have found out from the retailer (different languages, they came from Poland ) that it was a polished carbon and an oo bio pair. I bought a second oo bip separately also found in Europe. All paid for. Absolutely brand new and sealed. And both parcels sent using GLS. Both parcels lost tracking on the same night as soon as they arrived in Germany before being flown to UK. So. I'm totally gutted. 3 brand new xs. One of the the oo bip pairs was found around £200 (300$). Really annoyed. I am still waiting for the transactions to be reveresed so I get money back. But I won't ever find 3 xs retail at the same time again. And both stolen by GLS on the same night. Lesson learned. Don't trust GLS. Emailing them was a pain. And was told the same. Either they were stolen by an employee In Germany. Or. All three parcels lost they're shipping labels and got disposed of. .. anyway. In the meantime I found a retail plasma ice in UK. A brand new carbon bi shades only though in Netherlands and a like new boxed polished carbon bip from France which will hopefully be with me today or Monday. Pictures to follow. However. GLS "losing" 3 brand new xs in one night was a very unwelcome surprise.

That sucks mate, i totally feel u.The frustrating thing is that Royal mail has made contract with Gls when parcels are heading my country,so everytime i order something with Royal mail is being transfered to Germany with GLS and then to Greece. And i have 3 parcels from UK with Royal mail on their way to me atm

Well. I'm sorry I couldn't help you out (one of the xs was headed to stavros). But never made it to me. Sorry mate. Hopefully the xx will reach you.

Well. I'm sorry I couldn't help you out (one of the xs was headed to stavros). But never made it to me. Sorry mate. Hopefully the xx will reach you.
No need to apilogize Andrew.You have been a true gentleman during our transaction and i really thank u for that.You did your best to satisfy me.it was an honour to have dealt with u.This was something out of your control So far i have not faced any problems with GLS.

gutted for you - hopefully you don't lose out financially.
Cheers mate. The seller In Poland was extremely helpful actually. Really nice family optcicians that seem to have had a bit of old stock. It looks like they may lose out as gls might not honour the whole cost! (I haven't had my refund yet so let's hope I get that ). Gutted though mate.

Sorry to hear about the XS's getting lost, or stolen by GLS. It's hard to believe that it happened to all three. Hopefully you get a full refund. It looks as though you're finding replacements quickly.

Thanks @Funky-Trixtar its certainly very annoying. I would have had 8 by now. Only the ducati and 24k left to hunt down. As it is I have at least one of every frame (except the 24k). Still haven't received my polished carbon yet.

@GH4AU Thanks. They were stolen I'm sure. They were checked in and out on Germany in the same minute. The lady I was emailing in gls even said the only way that would happen is if the courier accidentally "took them home home and lost them" and the parcels were In the same place near enough exactly the same time by coincidence... Both scanned in and out the same minute. Both never reached UK. Oh well. It could have been an accident I guess. I really was looking forward to having a oo bip lens. Plus there is nothing like having brand new. Never opened boxes. I may give searching a rest for a while. I did find some other retail x metal frames in my Search. Unfortunately a half x polished with vr28 lens. £200.. So I didn't buy it ... Funny though Im nervous now about receiving my polished carbon xs. It's been with parcelforce in UK and no change on the tracking for 3 days. Gls is affiliated with parcelforce and part of me is thinking there might be an avid xs fan with full pockets in Coventry somewhere.

Back