• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

just ordered a Pioneer 7in screen MVH-2300NEX double din head unit. i have always gone Pioneer when i go to aftermarket head units. hope i like it. YouTube and crutchfield reviews seem to be 100% positive.

i have already upgraded every speaker in the car, have a kicker L7 sub, and 3 amps in the car. i was up to this point trying to stay with the stock nav unit from 06 but with tech advancing so far by now there is no point to do that. android auto using google maps or waze for gps that is always up to date will be nice. also i have always been fighting the issue that the stock headunit changes the EQ curve over the volume curve. factory you don't notice it much over the first 8 volume settings since the sound is so quiet, but with 3 amps in the car it sucked that the eq was jacked at 3 if you tuned it to sound good at 8 and vise versa. the aftermarket decks have the same EQ over the entire volume range and don't have that problem.

g1302300NEX-o_other.jpg

Last edited:
Got respect for Dodge too, just...they tend to be a bit mischievous on their numbers.

Exhibit A: 707 HP Hellcat. What they don't tell you is the reason they don't put bigger tires on that which would generate grip isn't because of cost, but because the second you put anything in there that generates grip, you will warp the driveshaft of it, as it uses the same driveshaft a Dodge Dart uses. Not that I'm insulting Dodge Dart, that's a strong driveshaft for a Dart.

Exhibit B: Demon, 9.6 second car, supposedly, yet it can only do those numbers in perfect scenarios.

Latest Posts

Back