• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

B4DF0F52-654B-4C18-96B1-35494534DA85.jpeg

Washed the Wife’s daily driver today.

Got respect for Dodge too, just...they tend to be a bit mischievous on their numbers.

Exhibit A: 707 HP Hellcat. What they don't tell you is the reason they don't put bigger tires on that which would generate grip isn't because of cost, but because the second you put anything in there that generates grip, you will warp the driveshaft of it, as it uses the same driveshaft a Dodge Dart uses. Not that I'm insulting Dodge Dart, that's a strong driveshaft for a Dart.

Exhibit B: Demon, 9.6 second car, supposedly, yet it can only do those numbers in perfect scenarios.

the widebody hellcat has 305's on it. the only people breaking hellcat drive shafts at stock hp levels are the 6 speeds when they drop the clutch at the drag strip. besides that the autos that brake a drive shaft are not stock and not on street tires. Hellcats are also under rated at 707hp. a lot of dyno runs posted so far are not far off that number at the rear tires instead of the engine.

the widebody hellcat has 305's on it. the only people breaking hellcat drive shafts stock are the 6 speeds when they drop the clutch at the drag strip. besides that the autos that brake a drive shaft are not stock and not on street tires. it is also under rated at 707hp. a lot of dyno runs posted so far are not far off that number at the rear tires instead of the engine.

There's been reports of the 305s breaking driveshaft on widebody HC, bro. I do know that engine is severely underrated. :D

The auto ones can break a DS if they have slicks on, it doesn't need the extra power to do it. That driveshaft is just not meant to hold the torque numbers that beast of an engine puts out.

Again, I got massive respect for Dodge, just saying they have a few issues - engines isn't one of them, though.

Back