• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

There's been reports of the 305s breaking driveshaft on widebody HC, bro. I do know that engine is severely underrated. :D

The auto ones can break a DS if they have slicks on, it doesn't need the extra power to do it. That driveshaft is just not meant to hold the torque numbers that beast of an engine puts out.

Again, I got massive respect for Dodge, just saying they have a few issues - engines isn't one of them, though.

TWSS... at least some of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been reports of the 305s breaking driveshaft on widebody HC, bro. I do know that engine is severely underrated. :D

The auto ones can break a DS if they have slicks on, it doesn't need the extra power to do it. That driveshaft is just not meant to hold the torque numbers that beast of an engine puts out.

Again, I got massive respect for Dodge, just saying they have a few issues - engines isn't one of them, though.

for what it's worth i broke a stock axle on drag radials at around 500hp like 5 years ago. :) (i had the high HP axles and hubs sitting on the shelf of my garage not installed yet at the time too cause i knew it was gonna happen haha)

01 SS M6. Used to get 28-29 on road trips, stock 3.42s out back. 416 (ported heads, smallish for a motor that size cam, etc) will prolly put a dent in that mpg, but it won't be my daily soon.

Yellow truck is stock for now, four banger. Bought it as a roller set up for an LS, but I just put a motor in it so I'd have a truck to roll around with once the 416 goes in. After I gather the rest of the parts, it's getting a mild 6.2. Might just stab the LS1 from the SS in it and call it a day, but...$$$. We'll see when we get there.

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

Latest Posts

Back