• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Did You Buy Today (for The Smaller Stuff)

$30 Chainlink Matte White frame 9247-07

20211212_194249.jpg
20211212_194259.jpg
20211212_194308.jpg

So replacement Red+ lenses showed up, much much much better in terms of being scratch free etc. But seemed like they were not only thicker but not quite the same curvature as the XS, was really difficult getting them into my carbon without feeling like the orbitals were twisting from getting the screw barely in. So I put them into the white custom XS which has a slightly looser fit and they're tight there but I can least get the orbitals screwed down with about a 0.5 mm gap between them, with the Marines back in the Carbon XS now.

Looking at a light source (indoors though, it's night time right now), there's a heavy halo across both lens, so will see how that feels out and about later. But they're in there, and as long as the little bit of stress isn't going to crack them I think should be good.

Am a wee bit confused because I got those lens... but tracking he gave me for replacement still shows them in transit (but they don't show up on my informed delivery account). I'm guessing he probably gave me someone else's tracking number, but the correct replacement still made it out, course if a third pair of Red+ end up showing up on Friday I'm going to give him a holler (he hasn't said what to do with the scratched up copies either).

20211215_192855-01.jpeg

20211215_192915-01.jpeg

Back