• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Did You Buy Today (for The Smaller Stuff)

i wouldn't consider them fakes. it's not like they're being mass produced in a factory or being sold as if they're authentic oakley products.
they are more like scratch built custom pieces. some pieces that i won't mind having in my display.

I agree. Its like when someone makes a stand, frame holders, with a Oakley badge on them. As long as they are not for profit and being mass produced, I am ok with it.

Fair enough, we'll all agree to disagree. To me, it's a fake in the purest form. Any time you try to replicate a design or product that was done by someone else, it's a fake. In this case, the bike badge and Bob head keychains were designed and manufactured by Oakley. A collector tried to replicate those products exactly as it was released. Whether it was made in small batches or not sold for profit is irrelevant. It's like someone replicating a Rolex that was releases and only made 2 pieces that were given away. Does the small number and non-profit stop it from being a fake? I wouldn't think so but to each their own.

Who cares, i dont care if it was a replica as long its not an oakley glasses. Whats the big deal, its just a display piece.

Fair enough, we'll all agree to disagree. To me, it's a fake in the purest form. Any time you try to replicate a design or product that was done by someone else, it's a fake. In this case, the bike badge and Bob head keychains were designed and manufactured by Oakley. A collector tried to replicate those products exactly as it was released. Whether it was made in small batches or not sold for profit is irrelevant. It's like someone replicating a Rolex that was releases and only made 2 pieces that were given away. Does the small number and non-profit stop it from being a fake? I wouldn't think so but to each their own.
i would just like to rephrase my statement.
it's not like they're being mass produced in a factory or being *presented* as if they're authentic oakley products.

fake is a vague term. personally, i define fake as having the intention to deceive (be it the seller deceiving possible buyers or the owner deceiving other people that he owns the real deal).
you probably define fake as any replica or reproduction. i respect that.

Its just a dispay piece, they are replica alright! Build your own or NOT! Its your collection, you can put an oakley bikini hanging arond your case if you want, for all we care. Its yours!

Finally got this in Indonesia :D

nu7une9e.jpg

Fake is cheap! Replica resembles the original. If you custom, copy, fabricate then its fake? Got it!
If it has Oakley on it or any of Oakley's registered tradmarks it is a fake- period. Got it!!
Not all fakes are cheap ,you can buy fake Rolexes that cost 500 bucks not really cheap - but really fake because they have nothing to distingish them from the real thing and down the line they can be passed off as the real thing.

Latest Posts

Back