• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I'm posting here because I don't know what other options are available to me.

I submitted a claim for a broken pair of Holbrook metal glasses on January 10th. I was told that due to high volume after the holidays, I could expect to wait 4-6 weeks for a response.

I still haven't heard back from them. At all.

They confirmed that they did receive my warranty claim. I've phoned them multiple times, and have contacted them via facebook. At one point, the representative told me that someone was working on processing my claim "as we speak". That was not the case. I was told that someone would look into the warranty claim and promised to call me back the next day. I never heard back.

I expected better from a "premium" company but this is, by far, the worst customer service experience I've had with a company. At this point, it seems like Oakley has just flatly decided to just ignore the claim completely, and hope that I go away.

Is there anything I can do, aside from keep calling back their customer support number? Is Oakley usually this terrible with their warranty or customer service?

Thanks in advance.

The "high volume" likely isn't BS. I think for a lot of businesses lately, there is gladly consumer demand, but too much of it compared to the "supply" (in this case, workers). Consider Oakley's always-growing consumer fanbase, and the mediums people reach out too them — there can legitimately be a ridiculous amount of inquiries they're receiving/processing. Of course Lux also slashed some of Oakley's workforce, so still their fault to a major degree.

Oakley's CS used to be amazing. We've seen them become progressively....stingy, and well, a bit absent. I wouldn't pin it on any of the CS individuals (and sorry to say they're perceived as the fall guys whenever s*** goes south).

I imagine there is full intent to process your warranty, but yours is one of many, and they legitimately don't have the hands to communicate or get it done in a timely manner.

So that being said, maybe the only way I would try to push is go to a store if that's possible. You might be going in with a bit of an exceptionalism attitude, but that's all you can do to get things rolling. Full documentation. You'll have more engagement in person. Of course if it takes multiple trips you might be out the time and gas money that could've just bought you a new pair, but it's the principle of not letting it sit.

Ugly thing about the world and the general "system". When something goes wrong and it's not your fault, it can still have you make further comprises to fix it. I guess the bottom line is determining your end game in each situation, and how worthwhile it is to pursue.

There seems to be a lot of this going around.
If "Lux" does nothing, and continues to avoid/stall/ignore your claim, they cannot be said to have refused it.
It costs them nothing to do so.
Nowadays, the only thing these companies worry about is their social media reputation.
I'd contact them again on Faceplant, and give them one more opportunity to act, before you're forced to "dislike" them with severe prejudice, and let the world know about it.
Good luck.
We're rooting for ya...

Yup... This may be your only recourse at this point

oakley warranty is stupid. i sent back my new madman's bc the tension on the spring temples were so uneven (right side tight, left loose; pushed the fit to one side) provided them all the pics.... even shipped out my pair and they said they would send me a replacement.... only to receive the same pair back. absolutely useless.

What was wrong with the sunglasses? Where did you submit the claim? Your claim should be filed at LUXOTTICA and once its submitted there you should receive an email/phone call in a reasonable amount of time even if its considered a manufacturers defect. They will let you know that you are either covered or that they will provide you a replacement part at a cost. If no parts are available you will be provided a generous discount to "upgrade" into a new style. When calling in for information on your warranty do not call Oakley CS as they will not be able to assist (unless you are a canadian based customer), you have to call the Luxottica warranty team and go from there. It might take a minute, but you should be assisted with your claim in due time.

What was wrong with the sunglasses? Where did you submit the claim? Your claim should be filed at LUXOTTICA and once its submitted there you should receive an email/phone call in a reasonable amount of time even if its considered a manufacturers defect. They will let you know that you are either covered or that they will provide you a replacement part at a cost. If no parts are available you will be provided a generous discount to "upgrade" into a new style. When calling in for information on your warranty do not call Oakley CS as they will not be able to assist (unless you are a canadian based customer), you have to call the Luxottica warranty team and go from there. It might take a minute, but you should be assisted with your claim in due time.
In which countries are the customer service call-centers located?

Back