• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I'm posting here because I don't know what other options are available to me.

I submitted a claim for a broken pair of Holbrook metal glasses on January 10th. I was told that due to high volume after the holidays, I could expect to wait 4-6 weeks for a response.

I still haven't heard back from them. At all.

They confirmed that they did receive my warranty claim. I've phoned them multiple times, and have contacted them via facebook. At one point, the representative told me that someone was working on processing my claim "as we speak". That was not the case. I was told that someone would look into the warranty claim and promised to call me back the next day. I never heard back.

I expected better from a "premium" company but this is, by far, the worst customer service experience I've had with a company. At this point, it seems like Oakley has just flatly decided to just ignore the claim completely, and hope that I go away.

Is there anything I can do, aside from keep calling back their customer support number? Is Oakley usually this terrible with their warranty or customer service?

Thanks in advance.
The Oakley warranty is worthless. I have EVZEROs that snapped. These broke at 10 months, were NEVER abused and I have the receipt/proof of purchase. This is an obvious design issue that is being pushed off onto the consumer. NO MORE Oakley purchases for me!!!!

The Oakley warranty is worthless. I have EVZEROs that snapped. These broke at 10 months, were NEVER abused and I have the receipt/proof of purchase. This is an obvious design issue that is being pushed off onto the consumer. NO MORE Oakley purchases for me!!!!

If they broke at 10 months then you should still fall under the original warranty. Have you even contacted them yet?

A warranty is different than insurance and the warranty will only cover manufacturers defects in material or workmanship. If it was a manufacturers defect you will be covered, if not, your out of luck. Pretty standard and after working with the company for many years (left in sept 18) and having an up close look into that part of the business I can confidently say that Oakley (even lux) is pretty fair with the assessments/warranty results they provide.

Yes, I filed the claim and did a secondary follow up claim as well. I can provide pictures and proof of everything I mentioned. Oakley is looking for an out. These glasses look new, they failed where the earpiece attached to the lens. This is a very small and weak area. I feel like the representative gets paid based on the number of warranty claims they can avoid. FYI- The representatives tell me Oakley and Lux are the same, one is just a division of the other. I am this helps shed liabilities from the parent company.

Yes, I filed the claim and did a secondary follow up claim as well. I can provide pictures and proof of everything I mentioned. Oakley is looking for an out. These glasses look new, they failed where the earpiece attached to the lens. This is a very small and weak area. I feel like the representative gets paid based on the number of warranty claims they can avoid. FYI- The representatives tell me Oakley and Lux are the same, one is just a division of the other. I am this helps shed liabilities from the parent company.

Ok so you filed two claims.... what was their response?

The failure of the lens, in their opinion, was not a manufacture issues or design issue. End of story. It is impossible for anyone to determine this in the manner used. Again, these glasses look new and were not abused. The lens fracture holding the earpiece is roughly 3/8" wide and fragile. In my opinion, I felt like I got a god-like attitude and the representative got a power rush enjoying telling a senior citizen how it is. Yes, it made me angry. I know right from wrong. I always treated the rep with respect but there is no recourse when you have an out of control rep, they simply cut you off.

I feel like the representative gets paid based on the number of warranty claims they can avoid. FYI- The representatives tell me Oakley and Lux are the same, one is just a division of the other. I am this helps shed liabilities from the parent company.

Lolz. Wildly inaccurate.

In fact, they get props/shout outside and at times kickbacks in the form of swag when they get positive reviews.

Either way, it sucks to hear you had that issue and in the end I hope that you get your eyewear taken care of.

Back