• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Job.........

Moving structural steel is fun..

Coordinating the fabrication, shipment and delivery of @ 7600 tons of steel from 6-Jan to the first week of April :)

On average, those IBeams weigh @ 6 tons each (@ 12,500lbs)...

those beams are structural columns for a Heater Module...

After they're done, they get loaded up and sent to Galvanizing...

IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2173.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_2180.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG

Moving structural steel is fun..

Coordinating the fabrication, shipment and delivery of @ 7600 tons of steel from 6-Jan to the first week of April :)

On average, those IBeams weigh @ 6 tons each (@ 12,500lbs)...

those beams are structural columns for a Heater Module...

After they're done, they get loaded up and sent to Galvanizing...

View attachment 316570 View attachment 316571 View attachment 316572 View attachment 316573 View attachment 316574 View attachment 316575 View attachment 316576 View attachment 316577
Keep up the good work; without welders and fitters we would not have too much to lift. We wouldn't have a crane to begin with.

I wrote code and such at Yahoo! :) not as cool as some of the stuff I saw through this thread, but nerf gun wars are real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back at it again ;)

Shop surveying a Precast Concrete Column supplier

Nice. I used to be a CAD draftsman for a overhead crane company in PA, long time ago before I joined the Navy.

Now I work for the USDA. It sucks. Hope to be moving on to something else soon. Have some things in the works to get into the Environmental Health and Safety field. Did that in the Navy a few years and really liked it.

Back