• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

@OakleyBoss I don't think it needs to be private, but rather public. Many of us have noticed that feedback is no longer working. If one gets feedback, it's not added to the total. I think it's been happening since your last fix

So the new system is mutual feedback is required.

The complaint of the community was that no one was leaving truly honest feedback out of fear of retaliatory feedback. E.g If I leave you negative feedback you'll leave it back to me.

So we solved that, with an eBay style mutual feedback system. As explained in the thread here: Feedback Update - Mutual Feedback Feature. When you submit feedback it will show as "Private" until the other member leaves feedback for you on the same thread OR until 14 days passes (e.g the mutual feedback period expires).

Now people are saying it doesn't work, but every instance that has been brought to my attention has been either 1) Both parties not leaving feedback for the same thread/link or 2) One party hasn't left feedback and it hasn't been 14 days.

Maybe we should discuss the 14 day period? Maybe shortening it since it seems the concern is how long to wait until it's up.

I don’t even use the feedback system. Just g and s and you are covered, if you trust the guy go f and f.
If there’s a problem like scamming (ahem yakuza) do a rant thread, it’s gonna get squashed, but at least there’s amusement.

Back