• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What should I counter/offer for this aluminum double wide display case

Serturbo

I am Jim Jannard...
So saw this case for sale local (I live in Southern California .. San Diego .. so cases come up for sale every so often )

Seller is asking $300 but doesn’t have any of the shelves.. I’m researching on what the cost of plexiglass shelves but from what I’ve been seeing it’s not going to be cheap (got couple quotes from plastic fabrication shops wanting anywhere from $150 to $300 for 3/8 thick 31.5” X 15” plexiglass shelves

What do you guys think I should offer since it doesn’t have any shelves ? Also do you guys have any suggestions for where I might go to get some inexpensive replacement shelves made out of plexiglass or even glass.. nothing real heavy is going on the shelves.. thank you guys for any advice

AF379427-DD94-4422-9F55-EFA5AB6B1024.jpeg
8A0E39C7-7CB8-4327-8B6A-74084F18E684.jpeg
F277E077-B19F-4B4D-954C-4C49C0615B26.jpeg
So

So saw this case for sale local (I live in Southern California .. San Diego .. so cases come up for sale every so often )

Seller is asking $300 but doesn’t have any of the shelves.. I’m researching on what the cost of plexiglass shelves but from what I’ve been seeing it’s not going to be cheap (got couple quotes from plastic fabrication shops wanting anywhere from $150 to $300 for 3/8 thick 31.5” X 15” plexiglass shelves

What do you guys think I should offer since it doesn’t have any shelves ? Also do you guys have any suggestions for where I might go to get some inexpensive replacement shelves made out of plexiglass or even glass.. nothing real heavy is going on the shelves.. thank you guys for any advice

View attachment 507968 View attachment 507969 View attachment 507970 So

Local glass shop could probably do it for a bit cheaper in glass but wouldn't be tempered and may have to go to 1/2 inch thick depending. I had 2 shelves made for an ikea and it was around $50 total but those were not as wide.

$75, it doesn’t have shelves and it looks like the lights are all screwed up or not working. Doesn’t look like he’s a collector since he has flower pots in there.

If he says no, offer $150 if he provides the replacement shelves.

I’ll bring shelves from my cabinet to Home Depot and see what they can do...

I’ll be looking at the case in person in a couple days.. talked to the person 2-3 weeks ago and still hasn’t sold.. hopefully they just want it out of their house so I’ll lowball them and go from there...

Now where to put it ? That’s the big question haha

I second a local glass shop. Should be cheaper than plexi especially from Home Depot. $150 tops for the case as is imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you still interested in coming out to Austin, TX? ;) i have a case I’m selling with all the shelves, black double wide!

Back