• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What should I counter/offer for this aluminum double wide display case

I would order tempered glass shelves personally. Thats what I replaced mine with. About $45 to 50 a shelf but much nicer look.

Sure, offer $150 if you want to, but if this is your first double wide case, I would think it's still a good buy for $250 (he probably won't pass up the deal for $50 less).

With old shelves, they are often in poor condition, so even if you have to buy perspex, it's still a good buy, even though he drilled a hole in the "ceiling". Do not use the halogen light. It's too hot for your Oakleys.

Don't forget, that you may not want to get 4 shelves anyhow. Some people have stuff that requires one shelf to be removed anyhow.

They don't come up that often, so I'd say it's not a bad price anyhow. And this one externally looks in quite good condition with all the keys.

In Australia, you'd be looking at about $400 + $300 shipping for this.....if you could even find one (I have only seen 1 advertised in 3 years of searching).

Here in Oz I've heard a condition of retail units like these is that they're sent back to Oakley if business stops retailing them. I suspect with such a locked down local market they just don't pop up, either. I had alerts on Gummytree and evilBay for 2 years with nothing popping up.

You can prob get away with 1/2" acrylic, depending on what you have you could cut it down yourself. I actually have like 6-7 shelves leftover from my own build, though they were custom cut to size.

Ya isn’t my first double wide aluminum... have a couple prospective cases hoping to pick up on next couple weeks.. guess being in SoCal has its perks especially with stuff like this

Here in Oz I've heard a condition of retail units like these is that they're sent back to Oakley if business stops retailing them. I suspect with such a locked down local market they just don't pop up, either. I had alerts on Gummytree and evilBay for 2 years with nothing popping up.
Ain’t that the truth!!

;) nah I got another one ... have my eyes set on a 3.1 single wide or double wide in the next month or so.. though the guy reposted the listing recently
7EE76B9E-B58C-471E-ABD9-F1219CB88AFA.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back