• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What should I get?

adox

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

Long time member but haven’t posted in years!
ive been happily wearing my FastJackets for the past few years but fancy a change. I was going to buy some new lenses for them, a polarised pair but they seem to be hard to come buy. I’m guessing they have been discontinued at this stage?

Anyway, I know this is a hugely general question but I’m looking for suggestigons for a new pair. I’ve no particular style in mind. The FJ were a good fit for me but I’m happy with sport or casual. I will use a lot for driving.

Budget around €200 for a polarised pair. I’ll probably buy direct from Oakley as options are limited since Brexit came in (I’m in Ireland)

im totally out of the loop so any suggestions very welcome.

Btw, the FJ and lenses are still in great condotion all these years later!

I'm a fan of the Flakjacket 2.0 and the Metal Holbrooks...those are 2 of my daily wears....i'm currently waiting on new lenses for my Flakjackets

There are so many new designs out there that it would be hard to suggest something for someone since they all fit so differently. I am half asian....low nose bridge and high cheek bones...so most O matter frames do not fit me well....they sit on my cheeks which causes my lenses to fog up. I'm a fan of the frames with decent nose pads or the adjustable nose pads. I also have a set of Radar Path and older Whiskers with new lenses....and a pair of Fours...those fit my face very well.

Also agree on the flak 2. I find the Asian fit is very similar to the fast jacket. The flak draft is the successor to the fast jacket and also fit similar but not sure if Oakley even makes them anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.
I think its a toss up between Flak and Holbrooks.

Just a quick question on the Flaks. Are the XL lenses around the same size as they were on the Fast Jackets? I found them a little too big on my face when trying them. I cant get to a store to try them due to covid so will be ordering direct from Oakley.

Actually the only seem to have XL so that will be my only choice for Flaks.

Im thinking of going with the Prizm 24k polarized lens. Will be used mainly for driving but day to day wear also.
They have a 20% sale on over here in Ireland at the moment.

Guys, one last question. Im kinda leaning towards the Holbrooks as its a change of style. Are the lenses changeable in them? I know they are full framed unlike the Flaks so not sure.

Holbrooks are a great frame. Lenses push out from the inside and snap back in from the front for a great fit.
If you want to try a pair without too much outlay, I have a black frame pair with positive red lenses and metallic red icons for sale @£50 plus shipping - I am in the UK so shipping should be around a tenner....
56f1cc538112c50198d74d9d2dd6a1b2.jpg

Back