• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on failed Mozel

Steven Goldberg

“were talking about practice”
Premium Member
Whorlando
A deal is done essentially and the dude pulls out and says he’s not selling anymore.

Who hates this more then anything else. Makes me not want to trade with people TBH.

Thoughts?

Who is that?
It’s not a who. It’s a term used when someone provides a trade and fails to come through. Or even a sale and decides to pull back for one reason or another.

Maybe they had a better deal or decided to not sell.

“Essentially breaking their promise.” It’s a common term used in the watch game. “Break a mozel”

Yep, definitely hate it. Happens a lot on Mercari. To me, your word is your bond. -I mean, there is still a negotiation stage that you can change your mind on and sometimes the negotiations don’t pan out. But once you say you are going to do something, you have to follow through, especially if money has already changed hands, otherwise you are a flake. I haven’t had that happen on this forum though.

Yep, definitely hate it. Happens a lot on Mercari. To me, your word is your bond. -I mean, there is still a negotiation stage that you can change your mind on and sometimes the negotiations don’t pan out. But once you say you are going to do something, you have to follow through, especially if money has already changed hands, otherwise you are a flake. I haven’t had that happen on this forum though.
100 percent. I’ve lost $$ knowning I’ve gotten higher offers. I still decided to sell/trade with those folks because my WORD means everything in life.

Oh yes. That’s the worst.

The trickster is the worst at it. He is a POS sharking every deal on the internet

It’s known as welching. Ban-able offense on some other forums I’m on, which I fully agree with.
Quoting myself. It’s actually the only negative feedback I’ve ever left on someone. Got the “I’ll take it’” on an LWRC AR, then a bunch of low balls and well I don’t know man crap. Pissed me off. They were banned for life.

Back