• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

Not on my plate, but I was reading elsewhere about a new meat alternative called "impossible meat" that's supposed to look, feel, and taste like beef, even "bleed" when you cook it, yet be a 100% plant product via the miracle of GMO. Without getting into an explanation of how, you can read for yourself here:

https://impossiblefoods.com/heme

But it got me thinking - all these attempts to make something that tastes like meat from plants... what if somebody did the opposite, made a product that looks, feels, and tastes like plants but is actually a 100% meat product via the miracle of GMO? Would anybody eat it?

(soylent green is people)
Soounds somewhat more palatable than the lab-grown meats. But still, I'd rather eat the plant than some sort of meat-analogue produced from it...

Wahlburgers has started selling an Impossible Burger at their restaurants. So that should give it a lot of public attention.

Yeah from what I hear, broadliners like Sysco and US Foods have sales reps pushing it to restaurants who want to add a vegan menu option, though the question remains if its GMO aspect is a marketing turnoff. While there's a competing product called Beyond Beef that's offering promotional incentives for places to offer it.

A2252E27-E071-403F-BBB3-20BC48731BED.jpeg

Back