• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of?

welshwing

Oakley Beginner
I figure I can ask here. What style is the snuggest/closest fitting to your face? I need this to protect against UV rays while running/cycling/just being outside. A lot of regular sunglasses have gaps that let UV rays in. Something like she's wearing, but tighter fitting if available. I'd prefer it to touch the cheekbones.
Running-with-sunglasses.jpg
Oakley_eyeshade.jpg

Oakley-Wind-Jacket-Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol WIND GLASSES.jpg

f44f36785cfe38c103ffaf08d593eeef.jpg

Yeah those are great, they look good and seem to fit most people tightly (I guess it depends on cheekbone size too), but the only issue I have with them is they're kind of small. If there's anything bigger but just as close-fitting that would be even better.

People wearing jawbone. The last guy has flatter cheeks so the glasses aren't as tight

oakley2-590x400.jpg

Oakley-Jawbone-Lance-Armstrong-Sunglasses1.jpg

schleck-clear-oakley.jpg

photo.jpg

It's not too easy unless you try them on. Other than that, not too much advice for you here. Have you considered a racing jacket or jawbreaker?

I actually just found Oakley sells a gasket accessory that attaches to the Split Jacket style, creates an air lock that also seems to block UV rays. I think this would be the perfect answer to my problem

Oakley Split Jacket Accessories | Oakley

If only they made it for other models. This is a necessity for me to buy any pair

Thanks for the replies SecretNinja, I appreciate it.

View attachment 207401
Also work on the Jawbone from what I understand, Taff. Just not as perfectly

The wind gasket doesn't really work on the jawbones because it lacks the gap at the hinge for it to nestle in to. They introduced the gap in the racing jacket though so it works ok with them.

I thought i had read on Amazon that folks had made it work with the Jawbone. Didn't mean to give bunk info. Tapadh leat, Jock. Do you favor Weedgie or Embra?

Latest Posts

Back