• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who inherits your collection?

Medusa50

I own Oakley
East Coast
We dont live forever. That being said a good number of members have some huge collections. Who or where does your collection go to in the event something were to happen? You dont just have a garage sale right. Can you imagine people walking up your driveway looking at tables full of OTTs, display cabinets and watches on aluminum stands? Yea that wont be happening.

Without a family member who shares the interest its kind of scary. No one else has the background and isnt educated to understand the value of these items. I’ve contemplated creating a list and cataloguing items of inherit value. It was just the other day while doing some work on the car I thought who will drive this car, who will use these tools or live in this house after I'm gone.

Suffice to say I envision reaching a point when the collection starts to go in reverse. Oddly enough I never bought some things with the intention of using them. Its still hard to see them go. Perhaps it would be funny to hear someone go through my stuff only to find a Medusa in the cabinet and say “There was something seriously wrong with him.”
30ABDF8D-2157-47AC-9A97-9E3EA82389E9.jpeg

Lol

My plan is to start selling my collection as I get into retirement age if I am lucky to live that long. Hopefully with that money buy a classic car to tool around in and take to car shows. My only concern is what the market will be for my collection in say 10 to 12 years... and by the way they will not need to find a Medusa to figure something was wrong with you. LOL

We dont live forever. That being said a good number of members have some huge collections. Who or where does your collection go to in the event something were to happen? You dont just have a garage sale right. Can you imagine people walking up your driveway looking at tables full of OTTs, display cabinets and watches on aluminum stands? Yea that wont be happening.

Without a family member who shares the interest its kind of scary. No one else has the background and isnt educated to understand the value of these items. I’ve contemplated creating a list and cataloguing items of inherit value. It was just the other day while doing some work on the car I thought who will drive this car, who will use these tools or live in this house after I'm gone.

Suffice to say I envision reaching a point when the collection starts to go in reverse. Oddly enough I never bought some things with the intention of using them. Its still hard to see them go. Perhaps it would be funny to hear someone go through my stuff only to find a Medusa in the cabinet and say “There was something seriously wrong with him.”
View attachment 565427
Lol

I just want to say I love this picture!

View attachment 565427
Lol

You can add me to your will

You can add me to your will
There are a number of people i would gift with things i have accumulated over the years. Even some people ive worked with although a mens watch for a few females isnt the best match i believe the gesture allows them to decide what to do next. Id have no problem if one of my subordinates gave it to their husband to wear.

I’m hoping to sell it off before I die. Hopefully a good while from now I’m only 33. But like said above what’s the market going to be 10-15 years down the road?

Back