• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are you ruining deals for other people?

saltparrot

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
La La Land
Just ranting. Noticed on a different marketplace app that someone had sold a pair of Juliettes for about $80 bucks. Felt bummed I missed out on it, but such is life. Then noticed a couple hours later that it was re-posted for $300. I asked the seller and sure enough, someone had messaged her, telling her they were worth more and offering more money. Stop ruining deals for other people. It's not their fault she didn't bother to do proper research before posting them and all you're doing is being a selfish prick.

Note that I was not the buyer here.. just sick of people interfering with other people's deals often not to the benefit of anyone other than a seller who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to figure out what they have and what it's worth. If you see someone get an awesome deal just nod and appreciate the fact that someone's day was just made. Don't ruin that out of jealousy.

Alright. Rant over.

Just ranting. Noticed on a different marketplace app that someone had sold a pair of Juliettes for about $80 bucks. Felt bummed I missed out on it, but such is life. Then noticed a couple hours later that it was re-posted for $300. I asked the seller and sure enough, someone had messaged her, telling her they were worth more and offering more money. Stop ruining deals for other people. It's not their fault she didn't bother to do proper research before posting them and all you're doing is being a selfish prick.

Note that I was not the buyer here.. just sick of people interfering with other people's deals often not to the benefit of anyone other than a seller who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to figure out what they have and what it's worth. If you see someone get an awesome deal just nod and appreciate the fact that someone's day was just made. Don't ruin that out of jealousy.

Alright. Rant over.

I agree with this 100% and would also add that it happens everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a neon pink wind jacket 2.0 that was only 60 bucks and now that the guy found out that they’re not available on Oakley.com currently so he upped the price to 160 lmao.

it even happens on new glasses lmao

Not on here but New in box Inmate for me $100. Paid and ad closed. Later that day I get a message that my order was cancelled. Seller tells me same thing that some body messaged them saying they are worth a lot more.

So the crystal red Windjacket 2.0 I just purchased today was almost snaked from me like this.

the dude said he was a collector then goes on to tell the seller to ignore the message asking to pay full price.
F8851C00-EA3E-44BA-8BAD-DDF67967756A.jpeg

The whole tattle-tale thing is stupid unless that person is actually going to buy it.
Is it nice to the seller otherwise? You can say that, but if that's your "good deed" of the day, that's pretty lame.

Not to insult anyone here, as indeed there are deals to be found, but my expectations of these types of classifieds have stayed low. Both sides are free to flake, and lie about it, or just be outright stupid to talk to. Like those car listings on FB can be a ****ing joke.

Back