• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Change The Lenses??

Tone down a bit. Simply because you're implying that cheap lenses are better. People here have seen such marketing strategy from new member promoting other brands. And this is an Oakley forum and people here will disagree with you when you say Oakley lenses suck. Expect that Frenchy I mean JacketFan.

I take offense to implying I'm french.

I've had some exovista lenses that were just as clear as Oakley lenses. Oakley lenses are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they're magical.

They block uv light and don't shatter because they're polycarbonate, not because they're made by Oakley.

Exactly. Oakley didn't get where they are today just from selling sunglasses and bike handles they got here by good marketing.

Exactly. Oakley didn't get where they are today just from selling sunglasses and bike handles they got here by good marketing.

Can I ask you something? It seems to me that you really hate this brand then why did you join the forum? And to keep it in line with topic. There are other brands that are equally good and believe me I also buy other brands. But I disagree with you if you really think that cheap lenses are better. And no I'm not implying that you're French. Frenchy is a forum member.

Can I ask you something? It seems to me that you really hate this brand then why did you join the forum? And to keep it in line with topic. There are other brands that are equally good and believe me I also buy other brands. But I disagree with you if you really think that cheap lenses are better. And no I'm not implying that you're French. Frenchy is a forum member.

No you're wrong, I don't hate the brand, I just "hate" (as in I hate when they get scratched, which they do easily) the lenses; I love Oakleys. Other brands are boring as vanilla ice cream. I sure as heck don't buy Oakleys for their lenses though that's for sure.

Ok. From reading this thread it obvious you have an issue with the lenses getting scratched.
Others have stated that you should take care of your glasses. I personally put mine in the microfiber bag and inside a case the second I take them off. And then they go into my backpack.

Do you take yours off and drop them into your center console? Do you place them in the seat? What is the underlying issue here that causes your lenses to get scratched?????

Ok. From reading this thread it obvious you have an issue with the lenses getting scratched.
Others have stated that you should take care of your glasses. I personally put mine in the microfiber bag and inside a case the second I take them off. And then they go into my backpack.

Do you take yours off and drop them into your center console? Do you place them in the seat? What is the underlying issue here that causes your lenses to get scratched?????

I really don't know, I use them as sunglasses.

I've had some exovista lenses that were just as clear as Oakley lenses. Oakley lenses are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they're magical.

They block uv light and don't shatter because they're polycarbonate, not because they're made by Oakley.

I'm curious Q, what frames did you buy the exos for? How was the fit? My issue with 3rd party lenses hasn't been the clarity or durability, its been that they flat out haven't fit properly (base curve etc).

Not trying to be confrontational in the slightest, I'd just really like to know in case I decide to try some out.

I'm curious Q, what frames did you buy the exos for? How was the fit? My issue with 3rd party lenses hasn't been the clarity or durability, its been that they flat out haven't fit properly (base curve etc).

Not trying to be confrontational in the slightest, I'd just really like to know in case I decide to try some out.

Yah I bought lenses for Juliet's once and it just would not fit too loose

I had them in a mars are they were perfect. I have some for my Romeos and I don't care for the fit at all. Seems hit or miss

Yah I bought lenses for Juliet's once and it just would not fit too loose

I had them in a mars are they were perfect. I have some for my Romeos and I don't care for the fit at all. Seems hit or miss

Thanks for the answers. I may buy a pair for my O-Matter XX and see how the fit is. Seems like they finish for pretty cheap all the time on eBay.

Back