• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why remove the sale price from exchange threads?

Looking for some insights here from members. Was discussing with another member around fair pricing of exchange items. Once point that was brought up is its very useful for members to be able to see the sale price for sold items. But at the same time some members remove the sale price and instead just show it as Sold or $SOLD.

The question is why? Legitimately curious and just wondering if there's anything driving this.
Regular flippers on the forum don’t want buyers coming at them with “well X pair sold a week ago for $XXX”.

I think keeping prices is great for buyers and will prevent/limit manufactured seller inflation.

But as always a thing costs what it will sell for...

Maybe keep track of new threads and asking price? You would then have some record, even if seller deletes or heavily alters original post.

Last edited:
@cacatman should make a yearly list for average price for common glasses 🤔 🤔🤔

2021 LIST:

Juliet polished price $
Juliet X-Metal price $
Juliet Plasma price $
Juliet carbon price $

Romeo 1 X-Metal price $

Thanks guys. It's difficult because it fluctuates a lot, even depending on time of year.

But I did do a relative pricing guide here....

But of course, it is very controversial and pricing is determined by quite a lot of factors, the most variable being how much an individual wants to sell and how much an individual wants to buy!!!! e.g. some people (not many) hate X-metals and wouldn't pay $50 for a Romeo 2 (for example) etc.

Thats so true. Right now til mid summer is the time to sell. Everyone wants the coolest shades for the warmer months. Late Aug through Feb is a lot harder to sell anything. Just my experience.
There are two hemispheres...