• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

• Total voters
I don't really think x-metals are a valid comparison with Oakley watches, in this context. They may both be discontinued Oakley product lines, but when you consider factors like what comparable items were on the market, what innovations they brought over those comparable items, and how the MSRPs compared to those of the comparable items, the watches and x-metals fall quite differently. And thus the pre- and post-discontinuation market trends for one is not likely to mirror the other.

I don't really think x-metals are a valid comparison with Oakley watches, in this context. They may both be discontinued Oakley product lines, but when you consider factors like what comparable items were on the market, what innovations they brought over those comparable items, and how the MSRPs compared to those of the comparable items, the watches and x-metals fall quite differently. And thus the pre- and post-discontinuation market trends for one is not likely to mirror the other.

Completely agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices will never go up as history has shown already with the watch line. Only a few hold half there original retail value. Prices did not go up after they stopped making them so why in 10 years or so from now would they go up in value? There are a few exceptions like the gold tb and fmj.

Back