• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

• Total voters
Wow, this was from long ago...

Yeah I didn't believe back then that values would increase and that's still proven to be the case. I stated in the OP wanting a HP and MM some day; since then I've gotten a HP and MM, along with others, for what was a pretty good deal. And after that, I've been watching prices drop more, not yet on average to the good deals I got but getting closer.

They may have Swiss movements (at least the ones that don't have Seiko movements) but they're just mass-produced Rhonda movements, nothing special. Rhondas are everywhere.

As stated in my OP, the FMJ and gold TB1 continue to be the only ones that can demand more than MSRP, but that's due to their rarity more than anything else.

Wow, this was from long ago...

Yeah I didn't believe back then that values would increase and that's still proven to be the case. I stated in the OP wanting a HP and MM some day; since then I've gotten a HP and MM, along with others, for what was a pretty good deal. And after that, I've been watching prices drop more, not yet on average to the good deals I got but getting closer.

They may have Swiss movements (at least the ones that don't have Seiko movements) but they're just mass-produced Rhonda movements, nothing special. Rhondas are everywhere.

As stated in my OP, the FMJ and gold TB1 continue to be the only ones that can demand more than MSRP, but that's due to their rarity more than anything else.
i have been half expecting to see you with a TB2 at some point.

i have been half expecting to see you with a TB2 at some point.

Nope - they look nice and I wouldn't turn one down if it fell in my lap but I have zero intent to get one, IMO even in the current market they're overpriced. Plus I'd want to wear it, which means resizing, which means cutting their Achilles Heel of a strap, now practically irreplaceable. It's a watch I've put on my "not going to happen" list.

But I know, "never say never"...

It's barley been a year since the last one was released. If I remember correctly A few metals were sold fairly cheap after being discontinued, and look at them now. Too soon to tell, unless this a strategy to lower prices on the forum...

Well you folks voted it wrong, value wise decreases as i voted for it.

I agree I voted they will not increase.

The watches cost too much. I have some but I bought to wear.

Honestly the only people that will buy them will be Oakley fans.
No regular person looking at a $500+ watch will look at an Oakley?? They would buy something along the lines of TAG or any other high end watch.

A few will hold value but most will not.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back