• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

• Total voters
I voted way back when this thread was created. I am changing my vote. The way I see it is the support for said watch line will diminish a lot quicker than anyone is expecting it to. Don't count on Oakley having the parts to service your watches like they did your X-Metals years after they were discontinued, or any frame for that matter.
There are only a select few of Oakley's watches that I would consider might increase in value, and only a handful of people own them.

I voted way back when this thread was created. I am changing my vote. The way I see it is the support for said watch line will diminish a lot quicker than anyone is expecting it to. Don't count on Oakley having the parts to service your watches like they did your X-Metals years after they were discontinued, or any frame for that matter.
There are only a select few of Oakley's watches that I would consider might increase in value, and only a handful of people own them.
My understanding is that most Oakley watches use seiko or ETA Swiss movements, so although Oakley itself may not be able to supply parts for the internals, I'm pretty sure that most watch repairers would be able to source parts should something go wrong.

Having said that, bracelets or faces may be a lot harder to come by, particularly stuff like the limited Timebombs.

Additionally, I can't see them going up that much as a general rule, particularly the quartz models. But this is normal, even for brands known for their watches.

The price you're initially paying for their top of the range is in Omega/Tag Heuer/Tissot territory. That's a big ask, if you ask me, unless you're a true Oakley fanatic and an even bigger ask, second hand (especially given arguably we are a dying breed!!).

My understanding is that most Oakley watches use seiko or ETA Swiss movements, so although Oakley itself may not be able to supply parts for the internals, I'm pretty sure that most watch repairers would be able to source parts should something go wrong.

Having said that, bracelets or faces may be a lot harder to come by, particularly stuff like the limited Timebombs.

Additionally, I can't see them going up that much as a general rule, particularly the quartz models. But this is normal, even for brands known for their watches.

The price you're initially paying for their top of the range is in Omega/Tag Heuer/Tissot territory. That's a big ask, if you ask me, unless you're a true Oakley fanatic and an even bigger ask, second hand (especially given arguably we are a dying breed!!).

I was more referring to the unique parts only utilized on/in Oakley's watches. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have about 40 Oakley watches, I watch the values very closely and the values have mostly dropped. Even on my diamond red and diamond black minute machines. I think the only one that has kept a significant value is my FMJ. The guys at warranty department at HQ had told me that watch is kind of a piece of crap though as many people had it repaired at warranty. I have yet to use mine.

Back