• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Fakes?

There seem to be quite few pairs on E-Bay USA (and here) -there is one pair listed on Ebay UK currently that look 100% genuine (see pics) that runs out at 21:39 BST time tonight but they are just the glasses only with the usual stress cracks on the lenses and these are currently at £400 or roughly $525 with nothing else included. I did offer him £350 or about $460 a couple of weeks ago but he wouldn't budge on starting price- he has had them listed on and off for about 3 weeks now and has 1 bid on them at a starting price of £400
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
There seem to be quite few pairs on E-Bay USA (and here) -there is one pair listed on Ebay UK currently that look 100% genuine (see pics) that runs out at 21:39 BST time tonight but they are just the glasses only with the usual stress cracks on the lenses and these are currently at £400 or roughly $525 with nothing else included. I did offer him £350 or about $460 a couple of weeks ago but he wouldn't budge on starting price- he has had them listed on and off for about 3 weeks now and has 1 bid on them at a starting price of £400
View attachment 507891 View attachment 507892 View attachment 507893 View attachment 507894

That's about the right price for just an XM finish frame in good to excellent condition... I'd ask about the rubber, though. Appears to be missing upper gaskets and ear socks look beat. You can add some costs due to that...I've seen rubber kits with gaskets go for as low as $10 (Very, very rare) to as high as $100...frame looks pretty used, as well.

If I buy a pair through the forum (and most items are located in the U.S.) - the import duty and VAT I then pay when they reach the United Kingdom adds a massive chunk of money on to the total cost and makes it a deal breaker.:mad:

There’s ways around that whole Duty/Vat ****e .
Undervalue it
Send as gift
Have seller use your last name when sending it.. looks like family member sending home a gift to another family members.

I’ve brought in £1000’s over a space of 2 year and only once got hit with taxes £2500 worth of stock and hit with an £87 bill.

Undervalue it
Send as gift
Have seller use your last name when sending it.. looks like family member sending home a gift to another family members.

I’ve brought in £1000’s over a space of 2 year and only once got hit with taxes £2500 worth of stock and hit with an £87 bill.
Even gifts have a threshold, would have to seriously undervalue some things to come in under that and that means underinsured too.

Shafted !!!!!!!

Undervalue it
Send as gift

I have just had to pay £5.43p Customs duty and an £8 Royal Mail "Handling Fee" on some Linegear Juliet parts/gaskets I ordered a couple of weeks ago :mad::mad:
Screenshot_20180801-164027_Gallery.jpg

Back