• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘X-Metal Pricing - Relative Values (cacatman)

I can certainly appreciate the attempt at putting this together. This took a lot of time to do I'm sure, but there are so many factors involved. It would be so much easier if there was a grading system in place. (That was mentioned before by another forum member). Until a standardized system exists, I believe it's going to be on a case by case basis. Trends also greatly affect the value at any given time.

One correction:

There were only 150 numbered Madman Raw.

Appreciate your efforts. Kudos to you sir.
Haha I skipped over the plastic metals

Sent from: Outer Space

View attachment 313973 [ATTACH=full]313974[/ATTACH]

@cacatman
I think Madman and Badman should b Ferreri edition not Ducati

Ducati is from juliet
Corrected and acknowledged. Thanks. I should have known better.

So you have prices on here with a 50% difference between high and low? That's about as useful as not having a guide at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
That would be true if you were comparing "apples with apples". The price difference, as you know, is determined by condition, year, serial, even ownership etc. It's absolutely no different to any other commodity e.g. take a Porsche 911 from an Australian sale site. It can vary by as much as 50% depending on condition of vehicle.... https://www.carsales.com.au/car/por...offset=0&setype=sort&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&

Just trying to help, but as a once new guy I always wondered about the whole serial number thing... unless I totally missed it, maybe you can add some insight as if it plays any roll in value. :crazypilot:
I might hazard a try.....if this thread survives the next few days. Starting to feel like it's bushfire season....will my house burn down or not?!!

Pretty nice list, but something that hit me like a ton of bricks was this

XX
X-metal - $550-700

I don't remember seeing an XM XX going for over $450 here...

I think there were 2 in the exchange not so long ago that couldn't sell because they were way overpriced...

I don't think anyone is paying $500 for a XM XX unless it's a 10/10 and never been touched...and even then, it's extremely rare occasions, if any at all...

Good thread, will continue to follow..
Thanks @Litos. This is the sort of info that I want. Rational reasoning. Adjusted accordingly (and acknowledged).

Great guide "as reference" only some are off imo. As a seller post a value your comfortable with if it sells good, if it doesn't then decrease your price accordingly till it sells.

Which ones do you think are off? If you can take the time to explain, I'll weigh it up and adjust accordingly as per Litos' thread.

Hello! remember kicka$$ buyer :rolleyes: :lol:got mine for 10 each this year.;)
You are cheap thats it lol.

That would be true if you were comparing "apples with apples". The price difference, as you know, is determined by condition, year, serial, even ownership etc. It's absolutely no different to any other commodity e.g. take a Porsche 911 from an Australian sale site. It can vary by as much as 50% depending on condition of vehicle.... https://www.carsales.com.au/car/por...offset=0&setype=sort&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&

I might hazard a try.....if this thread survives the next few days. Starting to feel like it's bushfire season....will my house burn down or not?!!

Thanks @Litos. This is the sort of info that I want. Rational reasoning. Adjusted accordingly (and acknowledged).

Which ones do you think are off? If you can take the time to explain, I'll weigh it up and adjust accordingly as per Litos' thread.

Fixed on the XX xmetal finish.
I dont know, but i think them 24k xs and Juliet should be on the 1k-1250 now instead of still on the high end. Those pricings is from when everything was still high, now i do understand a lot paid 1300-1500 at that time when it was the golden years. But those days are over. Only my opinion.

That would be true if you were comparing "apples with apples". The price difference, as you know, is determined by condition, year, serial, even ownership etc. It's absolutely no different to any other commodity e.g. take a Porsche 911 from an Australian sale site. It can vary by as much as 50% depending on condition of vehicle.... New & Used Porsche 911 Carrera 991 cars for sale in Australia - carsales.com.au

also on the ichiros i don't think this will never go up exception for that carbon blue that sold for 1600 (fanatic sale i should say congrats on that) so i think this will be 600-1k range now. Wbc and carbon polished being 800-1k range. As i said only my opinion.

Okay its not a list of validity or for that matter, but a collection of opinions that can be used to sell a piece. Especially for somebody who is new. Its good info I believe.

Haha I skipped over the plastic metals

@supersharp. Adjusted. Thanks.
@Dallas O Hog, I compromised by calling them "Alleged". I was aware this might be like stirring up a hornet's nest. Naked. With two broken legs. In a wheelchair. In a closed room. With no doors.

I get the whole value thing but I'm now a low baller. Values plummeting and people are just here to sell. I'm taking on the risk today and in the future, I have to be prepared for devaluation. Couple frames need revisiting for sure. Brown Juliet, Ichiro Juliet, Copper Penny, Romeo 2 as the smaller coin adds value, black xsquared, xmetal xx. Internet is such a hassle. I mean u type in Oakley Romeo 1 on Ebay and click sold and it gives rough estimation on what people are paying. U sell here, I'm asking for 15% off automatically since ur saving the hassle off ebay. Yes we are a community, but we aren't a charity. I was called out for low balling but I see people low ball all the time and guess what, they get bought. I no longer have shelf pairs. All my stuff is going to be worn so I'm not going to pay a premium because omg it's rare.

You're not the only one as you say. I understand why you're doing it. I just disagree that you are doing it.

Low Balling Definition "The action of asking for a lower price when dealing something from a hustler. Try to bullshit a bullshitter to get a dirt cheap price."

2 assumptions with low balling:-
1. You ASSUME the other guy is hustling when all he is doing is asking for a valuation.
2. Deliberately giving a low price (which by the way, is way way less helpful than my "unhelpful" thread) which is well below what you genuinely believe (or would sell for).

P.S. Anyhow, you only get "called out" IF you get named.

Back