• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-squared Availability

Are you looking for pairs to wear or to collect LNIB examples? Not personally selling anything but just curious...

XS were the last x-metal frame released; I see a lot of them around here but you're looking at average these days $400.

They were released in the following colorways (according to o-review)

24K / Ti pol
Carbon / BI
Carbon / BI ducati (red rubbers)
Carbon / oo BIP
Plasma / Fire pol
Plasma / Ice
Polished / VR28 BIP
Polished Carbon / BIP
X-metal / Ruby

I have a polished carbon / BIP XS; if I were to buy another it'd be plasma / fire pol but that seems a popular colorway, harder to get... I don't think I've ever seen polished / VR28 BIP for sale, but maybe that's just me; sounds beautiful, though...

Or you could get a plasma and a x-metal and swap parts (T6 driver) to make XS Ti02 / negative Ti02... I did that with Juliets plasma / carbon and they're awesome (thanks x-man)...

There was a polished the other day up here but people jumped on it. That is the last XS I will be adding since I have most of these. The 24k is just ridculous in price.

the xs used to be very easy to acquire and fairly reasonable in price. now that the stores were basically raided with the last couple "friends and family" sales the xs has become pretty difficult to come across. I refuse to pay what most are asking for them but unfortunately the 'pickins are slim lately. about a year ago i bought a bnib x metal ruby set for $295 shipped and now ive seen the glasses only price hit over $400 on ebay. its supply and demand and the supply is running low-er. I'd like to get a few more eventually but probably only via trade at this point.. good luck with your hunt to the op!

the answer is simple- the x squared was produced for the shortest amount of time out of all the xmetals. as such, the number of pieces out there are less, and people are starting to realise theyre hard to come by. simply a numbers game

it was easy to acquire a few years ago because they were in production :)

Latest Posts

Back