• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your Best Highlights Of The Year 2012

Acquired 127 pairs throughout 2012, starting off in January with all 6 African exclusive Rugby World Cup Antix, other top items added to the collection this year would include: Split Jacket - Polished Black - OO Blue P, Eyepatch II - Adriano De Souza, Thump 2.0 - Marcelo, Gascans - Sandro Dias and both Telmex, Jawbone - Sulphur - Ruby to G30 Photochromic, various Frogskins including 2 Fragment, Chandelier, and Blends, and Juliet - X Metal - Gold. Various sets completed such as X Squared, MFL, Rossi, Alinghi, Heaven & Hell, Yuvraj Singh, Conduct Squared, and Dispatch.

Getting all the deals I got and the metals. Highlights (don't have all of them anymore but most):

Tron pit boss
2x Romeo 1
4x x-metal xx
5x Juliet's
Mars crater
Regular mars
Half -X
Romeo 2
2x X-Squared
Back country splice
2x OTT
Sub zero #2
Building my case

And all the great people I've met along the way

Pewter Funny Car was my best, for sure. It was a pretty crazy year and I hope to have a really cool spring update once I've moved the collection.

For me it was the matte black Pit Boss. It was the first collector piece for me and scored an Ebay deal, like new with box for $150. That started the ball rolling, soon it was X Metals, Shadow Bob, cases and display items. I am hooked.
2012 was awesome, hope 2013 can top it. Happy New Year to all.
PitBoss_zps981589b1.jpg

that X-metal icon on your case is sweet! i wonder what they made of?

The X Metal logo is made out of 1/4" acrylic. EdsJunk here on the Forum made it. It's 24" wide and mounted with 1/4" thick 3M tabs to give it a "shadow" effect. PM him for more details. He does amazing work and can cut just about anything you need.

Hard to narrow it down to just a couple things but I will say every pair of Oakleys I currently own, I bought this year.... I'll do a year in review at some point in early 2013.

Back